diy solar

diy solar

Hello From SF Bay Area

Hey there! If you need any advice relating your installed system, I highly recommend Bay Solar Group services. One of my friends have installed their solar panels for already 3 years and is very satisfied with his whole experience with the company starting from installation to monitoring. As far as I remember my friend told me that the quickest way to reach them is to PM them your phone number on PB with consultation request so that the team contacts you shortly.

Welcome - I'm over in Oakland myself. If you are thinking about solar for renters, there are a few options. Ideally, you can get a property owner to see the benefits, and do a fixed install on the roof. I own a home in Oakland but have several roommates - and we basically realized that buying solar (even with the interest rate on a loan) was cheaper than what we were paying PG&E - so all the roomies agreed to just pay me a flat fee to split the loan costs. Yes - technically I build the equity (which is debatable) - but everyone benefits by having a lower monthly electricity bill.

Otherwise, lots of options for portable systems too, depending on your physical living situation. Even without property owner agreement to permanent modifications - a couple panels in the backyard, even if not grid-tied might be helpful for powering a shed, or outdoor toys. And, useful to take with you camping, or to the beach etc.

Check out: https://www.peoplepowersolar.org/projects - for some ideas that might convince a property owner.

Back