diy solar

diy solar

Hello from the netherlands

Pauluz

Hellol,
I'm paul living in the netherlands
here I have an apartment with a solar edge inverter, which was installed during construction. In my shed I am experimenting with some smaller panels. we are building a house in Mexico and I want to make more use of solar energy there because the electricity grid is not very good there. I hope to get a lot of useful information here and share my experiences.

Welcome Paul!

Ask lots of questions.

we are building a house in Mexico and I want to make more use of solar energy there because the electricity grid is not very good there. I hope to get a lot of useful information here and share my experiences.
I don't have direct experience with Mexico, but other forum members have commented that sourcing equipment in Mexico is difficult.

Also, you are probably already aware of it, but Mexico uses a 240V Split Phase standard just like the US.

My daughter lives in Mexico and orders a lot through Amazon and has it delivered to a DHL collection point. we have a ranch there. The 110 volts we have there has a lot of loss over the cable and regularly fails. I think I will slowly build up starting with a few panels of battery and inverter and expanding further and further

i see that amazon mx not selling much solar .
Next 3 weeks i am in Mexico and hope to find distributers for solar equipment

Last edited:
Back