diy solar

diy solar

hello from the north of the lowlands.

tappah

Hey great to have a nice forum.
i am a unemployed designer with a lot of hobby's
did a bunch of different things in my life and now i am an architect of a septagon form( A hexagon with 2 square corners. ? want pictures? ) garden tiny house. in need of a well made off grid electrical system.

Hi newcomer, so am I ;)

Are you building tiny house for sale? Off-grid solar can make it simple and elegant. A couple questions that come to my mind are:

• Rood area, is it flat or tilted?
  • Shore power hookup?
  • Mini-split A/C and heat?
  • Quartz countertop? I’m kidding ^^;
Welcome to DIYsolarforum!

Hey dont know about selling yet .rood area ? plot is 550m2 house is 40m2
ive been gathering building recources a long time. i did a lot of theater/ carpeting and i am a kind of leftover scavenger, dumpster diver.
photo_2020-10-22_09-16-10.jpg
front on south
photo_2020-10-22_09-16-00.jpg
zinc plating cairo motive tesselation scrap rain gutter
IMG_2610.JPG

Last edited:
  • Shore power hookup?
  • Mini-split A/C and heat
Ive got a chinese genny about 2kw
ac is just opening some windows. heat is a nice danish stove 10kw? maybe to big if i got the insulation finished.
(found a story about thermo electric cells lowtech magazine)
so much to do!

Hey dont know about selling yet .rood area ? plot is 550m2 house is 40m2
ive been gathering building recources a long time. i did a lot of theater/ carpeting and i am a kind of leftover scavenger, dumpster diver.
View attachment 25624
front on south
View attachment 25625
zinc plating cairo motive tesselation scrap rain gutter
View attachment 25626
You have built a beautiful house! A little shady on the roof area ^^; We can help design a solar layout.

• Shore power hookup?
  • Mini-split A/C and heat
Ive got a chinese genny about 2kw
ac is just opening some windows. heat is a nice danish stove 10kw? maybe to big if i got the insulation finished.
(found a story about thermo electric cells lowtech magazine)
so much to do!
Forget the first question, shore power is for the off-grid vehicle system. Nothing comes close to A/C or electric heater so you are covered if you don't need them out of solar electricity.

thanks,
ive got no plans for big kw appliances. I am thinking about a 500 w inverter

500W won't even kick over a fridge.
What not "big kw appliances" were you planning to use?

Yess
i would like a small box like freezer witch could store cold .
1603435747200.pngI learnt that the camping grade fridges only cool about 20 C so when its 40 C degrees outside, the thing would not be cool. the small compressor type home 220v are cheap.
i dont use butter. im happy with a beer can in a wet sock in the wind
so maybe im concidering a 1000 w inverter. but in the end it will be a hassle to keep the batteries charged by solar because of the tree situation.
Im in to energy efficiency and its clear to me that fridges and freezers are best used outside , buts its not handy. and need to be on always
Found a guy on te web that had made a big chest freezer with a big water filled cold buffer, and some programming, witch made a very efficient fridge.

Back