diy solar

diy solar

Hello from this Newb...

Batonage

Hi everybody,

We're just starting on our off-grid journey, having bought a 1 .5 acre piece of rural paradise in Northland, New Zealand. We found this site and forum through Will's amazing youtube channel, and are even looking to purchase a MPPSolar 5048 as per review on there. Looking to start with a 5kw system and expand later when we build proper.

Gratefully for any advice from wiser heads. Great to be here!

Cheers

Andi, Kim and Otto (7 months)

Hi everybody,

We're just starting on our off-grid journey, having bought a 1 .5 acre piece of rural paradise in Northland, New Zealand. We found this site and forum through Will's amazing youtube channel, and are even looking to purchase a MPPSolar 5048 as per review on there. Looking to start with a 5kw system and expand later when we build proper.

Cheers

Hello,
I'm in San jose, Ca, just finised my 48v Off Grid system,
Here is my setup :
- 375w REC solar panel x 9 ( Total 3375 w )
- Midnite Classic 150 Charge controller
- Meritsun 48v/200AH Lifepo4 battery Powerwall ( Total 10Kwh )
- 48v/7000w/120v ac Reliable Inverter
It's been running very nice, power a whole home ( 1200 Sq ) all day and night ,
For the total price less than $9000 Usd, pretty good deal,

Here are some Pix48v-200Ah Lifepio4 battery pack.jpg48v-7000w inverter.jpgall wiring.jpgAutomatic Transfer Switch.jpgBattery Pack close-up.jpgCharge controller close-up.jpgMidnite 150 CC.jpg

Hi everybody,

Cheers

Bay of isles is beautiful. I was there a few years ago when I was visiting my brother-in-law that lives in Mangawai

A good place to start is to do an energy audit.
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/energy-audit-and-system-sizing-spreadsheet.3552/

Last edited:
Back