diy solar

diy solar

Hello from (very) Northern Michigan

TechyHermit

Hi everyone. I've been following this forum for a while now and have learned a lot. Thanks to all of the knowledgeable contributors here.
A bit about myself: My wife and I live about as far North in Michigan as you can get on a small hobby farm about 30 minutes past Michigan Tech University (BSME from there).

My first foray into solar is a small installation for my off-grid cabin (camp as we call it here) where I intend to validate the ROI of solar in an area that averages over 200 inches of snow each year. So far my 200 watt array seems to be working out well, but I won't truly know what it is capable of until I set up some type of diversion load. It's been fun getting to a point where I can let my generator mostly sit unused.

If all goes well (and with prices falling for solar equipment), I expect to eventually set up a large system for the entire farm. It's going to be a fun ride with everyone here.

Hello from that state to the South. Good luck on your setup. I look forward to following your progress.

Back