diy solar

diy solar

Hello from Virginia!

Desyth150

Hey everyone,

Its yet another introduction post! I was sucked in here by the gravity of Will's videos which started me thinking things like "oh, thats pretty simple...wait, I can do that!" and now here I am.

My first 'starter' project is to build a LiFePo4 12v 4s battery for an inflatable dinghy (Intex Mariner 4) we use on the community lake with a 27lb thrust trolling motor. The goal is to make this thing a party barge with a soft bimini top. I may get ambitious and rig up a small 30-50 watt solar panel on the thing somewhere to give us 'get home without rowing' juice.

I have aspirations of buying a piece of land out in WV or rural VA/PA for use as a vacation cabin with the family and will be treating it like a laboratory. I plan use a shipping container or rammed earth/cob/hemp construction with a 24 or 48v system with rainwater collection, septic field sewage system, PV generation and depending on the property, maybe some wind or hydro. I also want to get a full Hydroponics or Aquaponics system set up, but we may not be there enough to tend to it.

Outside of solar projects and my eco-retreat dreaming, I'm big into crypto (especially DeFi), real estate, a flavor of the FIRE movement, and anything that gets me out on the water.

Once I finish my equipment list for the 12v system I'll start posting a progress journal for anyone who's interested, as well as to keep me honest.

Good to meet ya!

~Pat

Welcome Pat! Go crypto bulls again already hehe... I have many of the same aspirations, working on an off-grid property now but the going is slower than expected... We'll all get there, it's not so much the destination that counts, don't forget to pay attn to the now and have fun on the journey :geek:

Back