diy solar

diy solar

Hello from Washington

cjusnavy

Hello all, new member from Washington. I started my journey looking at making my own "solar generator" last year to have backup power for my CPAP. I then decided I would jump in and purchase a bunch of 18650 cells. I made a few portable power banks, a 2kwh solar generator, and started building a powerwall based on Jehu's PCB design that I was going to use to run my CNC machine. I am now going to scrap the powerwall idea with the 18650's and purchase some 272ah LiFePO4's instead. I figure I will finish processing all my cells from modem/scooter packs and sell all the extras off to purchase more of the LiFePO4's instead.

Diesel mechanic by trade but taught myself a bunch about electricity when I built my electric brewery controller. My plan is to have close to a 15kwh battery bank to run my CNC machine/side business on nothing but renewable energy and also make it portable enough to load up and take on the road if needed. This will be way more power than I will need, but it's always nice to have extra in case power goes down. Once I get ready to settle down and retire from the military I plan on building a shed and running my workshop out of there all on off grid solar.

Back