diy solar

diy solar

Hello to all! a new fan from italy is here

FedericoG

Hi everyone,
as a DIY enthusiast I tried my hand at building a homemade photovoltaic system, I always thank you for the videos on the youtube channel that motivated me, certainly I asked too much of my mediocre skills in the field of photovoltaics but the adventure and new discoveries excite me.
I was trying to expand my system but ran into a problem, so i decided to ask for tips from the experts:

sorry if i don't know english well

I have 2 power lines, one powers the house and one the shed, I have installed the photovoltaic panels above the shed (4kw), until now I have powered the house with an economical inverter (MPS-V-PLUS 5500W) and a small battery from 2kw 48v, it has been working discreetly for 3 months. I recently bought a second inverter to connect to the power line of the shed using the same solar panels of the home system. I am worried because when the 2 systems are switched on at the same time, both inverters start buzzing conspicuously, disconnecting one of the 2 electrical grids the buzz ends, maybe there is an electrical return on the photovoltaic panel line, I don't understand why it does this or how to solve it

Welcome to the forum! Can you describe a bit more about where the battery, and inverters are? ie distances involved and maybe even cable size might be relevant. Also what type of battery is your 48V 2kWh battery? 2kWh at 48V is only about 40Ah - is that right?

It might not be me who can answer your question, but with more details you stand a better chance of getting help from someone.

You can have a string of panels on each inverter but a inverters can’t share a string of panels. Also you can’t combine AC output. The only thing that could is the battery and yours is small for 1 inverter and tiny for 2.

You're not saying what is connected to what, but
what I would do is: connect the panels to the battery through the charge controller - which in your case is probably part of the "inverter".
If the panels are on the shed, power the shed with the first inverter. Then connect the second inverter to the battery and power the house with it.
If the house and the shed are far apart, it would be a good thing to have a second battery in the house, and either split the panels or charge both with them.
If you charge both with the same array, and they are far apart, it would obviously be best to wire the panels in series to minimise voltage drop.
-

Tthank you all for the timely responses.
My family group consists of 3 houses, each house has its own state power line, my initial idea was to mount a single array of solar panels (for now I have 4S2P longi 445w (I wanted to get to 15kw)) and a single battery pack (for now S16 80A sinopoly with Daly BMS), then each house its own inverter (for now an ISolar SMV IV 5600-48V and an MPS-V-PLUS 5500W) connected to its own state power line.
I was hoping that this could be done, I was hoping that the inverters would be able to take energy from the solar panels and be able to charge the batteries without interfering with each other. All electronics, inverters and batteries will go to the shed, only the 230v input and output lines will go to the houses.

Thank you very much Don G., your idea seems to me the one that comes closest to my needs, the shed and the houses are 20 meters away, a house and the shed use the same state power line and consume very little electricity, I could use that inverter to charge the batteries and power the house and shed, a larger solar panel array for this inverter, then for the other 2 inverters 2 smaller solar panel arrays to help them during the day.

or maybe I'm saying nonsense?

Well,
you seem to have plenty of solar panels. What you seem to be lacking is more storage (battery).
But then, being grid-tied, you may not need it.
If they share the same power line, you just have one inverter too many.
Unless you can parallel them, sell them and get a bigger one (if you need it).

Forza che 'sta cosa in fondo è semplicissima, basta pensarci un attimo ;·)
-

Back