diy solar

diy solar

Help, are those settings right? 5kw Hybrid Inverter

I only like to know how to display following window in the pc app, where do I have to press?
View attachment 33950

Do I have to login first? What is the login password? Is it a generic one?

Could you kindly explain me how you connected your inverter to the grid? Quick hand drawn schematic would be helpful. Solar and battery to inverter is clear only about the grid power connections. I see there is only one ac input cable connected but no ac output!! I don't understand that... How can the solar power go into the grid? Also what is the load?
View attachment 33951
Did it seem to work setting things in the pC? one value you may want to change, I made the "Max amps utility can charge battery" very low because I don't really want the utility charging it at all unless it must at night due to my DC draw. Otherwise you end up with excess (read "wasted") power from the panels in the day time that could be charging the battery. Have you tried the exernal WIFI dongle by the way? I'm curious if just a standard bluetooth wifi dongle will work or if I have to buy theirs for $25 + shipping.

Have you ever figured out what the Amps on the top right of the screen is telling us?
Is it the amps in + the amps going out?
Is it the amps in offset by amps going out? etc.
Yesterday around 5pm (dark here at 6:30ish usually) mine was showing 55 amps (on a 48v system).
I only have a 3kw array so I freaked out a bit and shut the unit off. Later my wife said she was boiling water and doing the laundry.
When I turned the system back on it only showed 18 amps. So I was thinking if it's adding what's consumed (going thru inverter) and adding what's coming in (through charger) maybe that's the deal?
55 amps jsut doesn't seem possible for my array at that time of day; also I get some shading from a tree at that time.

Did it seem to work setting things in the pC? one value you may want to change, I made the "Max amps utility can charge battery" very low because I don't really want the utility charging it at all unless it must at night due to my DC draw. Otherwise you end up with excess (read "wasted") power from the panels in the day time that could be charging the battery. Have you tried the exernal WIFI dongle by the way? I'm curious if just a standard bluetooth wifi dongle will work or if I have to buy theirs for $25 + shipping.
Yes I got it figured out.
I put those max amps to 1 amp, maybe even 0 seems to be possible.
No we haven't and I don't think we will ever do since it is pretty pricey here (close to 100usd!).

Have you ever figured out what the Amps on the top right of the screen is telling us?
Yesterday around 5pm (dark here at 6:30ish usually) mine was showing 55 amps (on a 48v system).
I only have a 3kw array so I freaked out a bit and shut the unit off. Later my wife said she was boiling water and doing the laundry.
When I turned the system back on it only showed 18 amps. So I was thinking if it's adding what's consumed (going thru inverter) and adding what's coming in (through charger) maybe that's the deal?
55 amps jsut doesn't seem possible for my array at that time of day; also I get some shading from a tree at that time.
Yes that seems impossible, guess it must have been battery out, anything else doesn't make sense. At 220v the inverter can't put out 55amps (unless you tweaked your inverter to be able to put out 12,1kWh ;)) as well the solar array is incapable of putting out that much even during prime time. Also doing laundry and boiling water does not need 55amps at 220v!
Leaves only one thing, the battery output!

We have a 4.5kw array at 120v (5 sets of '3 in series' in parallel) the maximum is 40amps theoretically. Real life at peak time in the morning is around 25amps, partly because the battery is at 51-52v rest/no load before sunrise.

Last edited:
Nothing to freak out, there was high load at that time and the solar alone could not meet the demand so the battery helped. 55amps is alright for a 200ah or even 100ah battery.

So did we decide it shows power in + power out from battery?
lol
Could you post a screenshot and mark the value you are talking about because I just had a look at the app screen and I don't see any amps top right, maybe yours differs with mine. Top right is temperature so 55 would be fine! ?

OK after some trials figured out the password, admin!

We will soon separate (electric lines) one major building (we have close to 20 buildings) to be powered solely with the ac output/ solar.
@Visusolar,
I just read your experiences with the Must Hybrid inverter.
Coincidentally I am considering to but the same inverter, and yes I live also in Thailand, It is true I have the same experience at there website, quickly a pop-up window will appear and they ask many things but without any response, so that is why I wonder wheter it is wise to order here.
On Thaivisa somebody told me to order direct at the factory but what can you do when you'll have problems.
I plan to do the installation myself, so I can't ask the installer in case of problems....apart from the people of this website, of course.

We bought it here in Thailand, through an agent/reseller. You can find some Modells in shopee. I wouldn't buy it directly from the factory via their multiple websites, the possible cheaper price isn't worth the risk.

Anyway I personally would advice you to look for another inverter, these must inverters are super basic, their pc software is extremely basic, no useful statistics, no charts, no good support for lithium batteries, ours often doesn't operate at maximum efficiency and settings are limited (the basics are there). I would invest a few more bucks and go for something more convenient with better statistics functions.

Your answer is important for me, thank you for that.
I agree with you about direct order in China, it gives a high risk, because your advice I will cancel Must, somebody on thaivisa give me advice to Goodwe, and it looks like also a good one for an affordable price.

Your answer is important for me, thank you for that.
I agree with you about direct order in China, it gives a high risk, because your advice I will cancel Must, somebody on thaivisa give me advice to Goodwe, and it looks like also a good one for an affordable price.
You are welcome, glad if it was useful for you.

I haven't thoroughly surveyed the inverter market yet so unfortunately I can't give you some specific recommendations. I hope you will find a good and affordable one! Ones you bought one, tried it out and if you can recommend it I would also appreciate if to let us know shortly about your find. :)

All the best to you

Sure, I still searching on websites like Shopee/Lazada.
I don't know you read "Thaivisa.com" but may I draw your attention to a special forum, named: Alternative/Renewable energy forum.

All the best to you too

Sure, I still searching on websites like Shopee/Lazada.
I don't know you read "Thaivisa.com" but may I draw your attention to a special forum, named: Alternative/Renewable energy forum.

All the best to you too
Those websites are generally good but I haven't yet seen any seemingly good quality inverters there, just some chinese and Thai rebranded basic ones.

It seems the quality imported ones are only sold by solar companies. I ever saw a few YouTube videos from Thai solar companies installing solar systems and the inverters I saw in those videos looked like another grade level in compare to those you find on lazada etc.. It certainly depends on your budget, intended usage and your preferences but after my experience and struggle with that must inverter I told myself if I ever have to select an hybrid inverter, I will select and invest into a better one than those. Don't get me wrong, they also work (since more than a year now) but what they offer is limited and it's not very comfortable (poor user interface, poor app and software support, no statistics (day week month year time, No timer functions, etc).

Thanks for the forum tip and wishes!

Those websites are generally good but I haven't yet seen any seemingly good quality inverters there, just some chinese and Thai rebranded basic ones.

It seems the quality imported ones are only sold by solar companies. I ever saw a few YouTube videos from Thai solar companies installing solar systems and the inverters I saw in those videos looked like another grade level in compare to those you find on lazada etc.. It certainly depends on your budget, intended usage and your preferences but after my experience and struggle with that must inverter I told myself if I ever have to select an hybrid inverter, I will select and invest into a better one than those. Don't get me wrong, they also work (since more than a year now) but what they offer is limited and it's not very comfortable (poor user interface, poor app and software support, no statistics (day week month year time, No timer functions, etc).

Thanks for the forum tip and wishes!
It's true what you say but don't forget 95% is China made, after all makes it very difficult to make the good choice.
The hybrid inverter I look to is the Goodwe GW5048D-ES, not cheap, 69,000 thb at technosolars.com and yes, also made in China.
You also have to realise the big price differents between High and low frequency inverters. The low frequency inverters working with transformers (heavy) in contrast to mosfets (highfrequency).
But this is not always stated.
In my opinion I prefer the one with transformers, and to be honestly, I don't know the Goodwe is high or low but considering it must be a low frequency one, the device weighs 30 kilo, so heavy.

Also about the batterys, I still can't make a decission, my mind goes out from Lipo4 48V 240Ah, and I considering assembled or do by myself.
What are your experiences in this?

It's true what you say but don't forget 95% is China made, after all makes it very difficult to make the good choice.
The hybrid inverter I look to is the Goodwe GW5048D-ES, not cheap, 69,000 thb at technosolars.com and yes, also made in China.
You also have to realise the big price differents between High and low frequency inverters. The low frequency inverters working with transformers (heavy) in contrast to mosfets (highfrequency).
But this is not always stated.
In my opinion I prefer the one with transformers, and to be honestly, I don't know the Goodwe is high or low but considering it must be a low frequency one, the device weighs 30 kilo, so heavy.

Also about the batterys, I still can't make a decission, my mind goes out from Lipo4 48V 240Ah, and I considering assembled or do by myself.
What are your experiences in this?
There is no question that most of them are made in China but it makes a difference whether the factory is China or foreign country owned/operated, means who did the engineering and who looks after the supply chain and quality control etc..

I usually check out reviews from others first. If it is well tested, shows no major faults or drawbacks and if it does what I am looking for then I start to look where to get it cheapest.

Whether low or high frequency transformers, ask the seller or watch reviews or owners in forums or check out manual.

We bought a 200ah lifepo4 battery from 'future battery' who sells his batteries also on shopee. We bought it directly by him (search for 'future battery' in line), that way he did not have to pay the shopee fee and we got it 2000baht cheaper. He did send us the battery first and we payed after we tested it. All went fine. He also speaks a enough English. He does a really solid job and i can recommend him. For the bms I would request a jbd bms instead of his ant bms or his non smart daly one. 320A Ant bms can only put out 100a max which is OK for a 5kw inverter but well to have some room would be better. Daly one has no Bluetooth etc, is not adjustable. The Bluetooth interface of the ant bms (which our 200ah Pack has) is alright but I prefer the jbd ones (which I use for my personal small lifepo4 pack), price is similar to those other two but the jbd can put out more amps and the app interface is much better. As well there is a big diy community for thr jbd bmses if you are also into tinkering.
I would also request him to fix the wires (see picture with my pointing finger) of the bms and active balancer on the top board of the battery pack because they were initially on one side and so in the way for the compression box.
The Box for compressing the cells you have to build yourself, see attached picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20210331_095521.jpg
    IMG_20210331_095521.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210319_154331.jpg
    IMG_20210319_154331.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 1615519424433.jpg
    1615519424433.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 6
There is no question that most of them are made in China but it makes a difference whether the factory is China or foreign country owned/operated, means who did the engineering and who looks after the supply chain and quality control etc..

I usually check out reviews from others first. If it is well tested, shows no major faults or drawbacks and if it does what I am looking for then I start to look where to get it cheapest.

Whether low or high frequency transformers, ask the seller or watch reviews or owners in forums or check out manual.

We bought a 200ah lifepo4 battery from 'future battery' who sells his batteries also on shopee. We bought it directly by him (search for 'future battery' in line), that way he did not have to pay the shopee fee and we got it 2000baht cheaper. He did send us the battery first and we payed after we tested it. All went fine. He also speaks a enough English. He does a really solid job and i can recommend him. For the bms I would request a jbd bms instead of his ant bms or his non smart daly one. 320A Ant bms can only put out 100a max which is OK for a 5kw inverter but well to have some room would be better. Daly one has no Bluetooth etc, is not adjustable. The Bluetooth interface of the ant bms (which our 200ah Pack has) is alright but I prefer the jbd ones (which I use for my personal small lifepo4 pack), price is similar to those other two but the jbd can put out more amps and the app interface is much better. As well there is a big diy community for thr jbd bmses if you are also into tinkering.
I would also request him to fix the wires (see picture with my pointing finger) of the bms and active balancer on the top board of the battery pack because they were initially on one side and so in the way for the compression box.
The Box for compressing the cells you have to build yourself, see attached picture.
Nice, thanks, tomorrow I'll answer you, however @Line I can't find him with "Future battery" @ Shopee, I contact him yesterday already.

Yes I found 'Futurebattery' on Line and send him a message, but no answer yet, late yesterday night.
I'm interested in 16 pieces of the Lipo4 280 AH for 3250/piece.
I like to asemble this and follow the whole procedure to balance them, maybe have to order 2 pieces extra in case of...
Maybe (hope) they are all from the same batch.
You advice jbd, bud as far as I can see, they don't have for 280Ah.

I see on the pictures, there is no communication between the batterys and inverter, I supposed the bms take care for it.
But what do you connect on the green connector?

Back