diy solar

diy solar

HELP, BAD 310AH CELLS, PayPal demanding 3rd party opinion for refund

Erwin

I purchased 12 - 310ah LifePo4 VariCore cells from AliExpress advertised as brand-new Grade A and are not!
The manufactures QR code had been scratched off and a bar code with the word scratch was applied to make it appear like a QR code in the ad.
Two cells are swollen, 1 about 3/16" the other a little less.
I balanced and assembled into 12v packs using JDB bms's. The best I have gotten is 283 ah.
PayPal is demanding a 3rd party to confirm the cells are not Grade A.

I would be willing to pay a consulting fee for an opinion.

Hi Erwin, For what it's worth here is what I suggest, one of these:
1. Simply accept that you bought 12 - 280 Ah grade B cells at a price far lower than you would pay in the US.
2. Sell the cells you bought on Craigslist with full disclosure. You might even make a profit. If you were close to me I might buy them. Many people use grade B cells (sometimes unknowingly) and they are quite happy and they work fine.
3. Contact the seller very politely, not accusing them of anything, and ask for a discount in order to avoid a dispute.
4. Contact AliExpress the same way and say the cells are unfortunately not as advertised.
In either of the above 2 cases it is clearly impossible/impractical to ship them back to China.
5. How do you pay PayPal? If you use a credit card you can dispute the PayPal charge with your credit card company. This can take an effort and a lot of work, but it can be done.

Other than these options, you could create more stress for yourself than this is worth. Getting into a legal dispute is simply not worth the aggravation. If you can afford it, buy new grade A cells from Amy, then you are sure of what you are getting.

I purchased 8X 100 amp-hr Varicore cells and the seller admitted they were shipped swollen. They offered a discount which after a couple of weeks I specified that I would accept a 30% discount and they accepted and refunded the cash. This was for bloated cells that did not seem to have any capacity degradation.

You have to open a dispute with Aliexpress. Google it for directions. If you look at my posts you should be able to find pictures.

I purchased 12 - 310ah LifePo4 VariCore cells from AliExpress advertised as brand-new Grade A and are not!
The manufactures QR code had been scratched off and a bar code with the word scratch was applied to make it appear like a QR code in the ad.
Two cells are swollen, 1 about 3/16" the other a little less.
I balanced and assembled into 12v packs using JDB bms's. The best I have gotten is 283 ah.
PayPal is demanding a 3rd party to confirm the cells are not Grade A.

I would be willing to pay a consulting fee for an opinion.
Grade A must have a good QR code. A good picture of the (scratched) QR code should be enough. BTW, the QR code
has the manufacture date and Grade A must be less than a year old. However, if all else fails, compress the cells
(correctly - research carefully) and they should give you many years of service. AliExpress.com has really gotten
desperate lately -- maybe losing money?)

Grade A must have a good QR code. A good picture of the (scratched) QR code should be enough. BTW, the QR code
has the manufacture date and Grade A must be less than a year old. However, if all else fails, compress the cells
(correctly - research carefully) and they should give you many years of service.

Back