diy solar

diy solar

Help, Eve 280, Eve 304 or Catl 302ah from Qishou

Hartswood

I need to order my first 16 cells from Alibaba. Qishou have offered me Eve 280ah $113, Eve 304ah $123 and Catl 302ah $110 all shipped from China. As a novice I need guidance on what to go for. Qishou says all cells are capacity tested. I've read numerous threads, but still haven't managed to decide. Which is likely to offer the most consistent long term performance?

catl has a bit thinner cell casing, but the catl 302 is equal in performance parameters to eve's 304
280k is rated at double the cycles, but at half the charge rate.

given above , i would choose the less expensive option, and order 1 cell extra

You can get that price at aliexpress too. I bought Eve from someone that a youtuber recommeded. Been excellent and it was shipped from the US. I could've waited and gotten it from China but so much easier. I did pay 700 more though for that convenience.

You can get that price at aliexpress too. I bought Eve from someone that a youtuber recommeded. Been excellent and it was shipped from the US. I could've waited and gotten it from China but so much easier. I did pay 700 more though for that convenience.
aliexpress should be COMPLETELY IGNORED for cells..

when are y'all going to learn ?

Lots of people have purchased cells from Ali. Until recently, it was just about the only option.
I personally haven't had good luck, yet. But,I was going for a "to good to be true" deal. So, I was expecting to fail.
Thankfully, I have a local option now. And the cells are top of the line quality. And 2 day delivery, beats 3 months every time.

Lots of people have purchased cells from Ali. Until recently, it was just about the only option.
I personally haven't had good luck, yet. But,I was going for a "to good to be true" deal. So, I was expecting to fail.
Thankfully, I have a local option now. And the cells are top of the line quality. And 2 day delivery, beats 3 months every time.
aliexpress and alibaba are 2 entirely different platforms tim.

i specificly mention aliexpress, as it is filled by hoodlums

aliexpress and alibaba are 2 entirely different platforms tim.

i specificly mention aliexpress, as it is filled by hoodlums
Aliexpress, is what I was referring to.
I've never purchased anything from alibaba.
But I assume that it's also open to the same issues.

btw alibaba people never get back to me when i asked for a quote....aliexpress so far is good for bms, etc.
ever use the chat function ?
seems the well known reseller from this forum who are on alibaba ( docan, lyuan and to some level quisho) , get back to me within a day.
also keep the time difference in mind.
eu (me) to china to + 6
usa (central time) to eu is +8
these folks need to sleep too

ever use the chat function ?
seems the well known reseller from this forum who are on alibaba ( docan, lyuan and to some level quisho) , get back to me within a day.
also keep the time difference in mind.
eu (me) to china to + 6
usa (central time) to eu is +8
these folks need to sleep too
i don't remember seeing it but i did see it one time. I'm over it. Got my batteries and it works.

I've found all the sellers I've approached on Alibaba very responsive via chat. I wonder why there is a price differential between the Catl 302ah and the Eve 304ah?

I've found all the sellers I've approached on Alibaba very responsive via chat. I wonder why there is a price differential between the Catl 302ah and the Eve 304ah?
good question, if i would have to guess : these suppliers know eve are a bit more preffered in the DIY community.
probably has something to do with the quality of cells people associated catl with.
lots of catl cells people bought in the past came out of busses etc, and there for didnt live up to their promiss

Docan have sent me a screen shot of their $99 Catl 280ah showing capacity of almost 300ah. Has any one received and capacity tested Catl 302ah or Eve 304ah? Docan don't have these bigger cells in stock.

Back