diy solar

diy solar

Help! Growatt SPF3000TL LVM-48P not recognizing PV input.

JLBinTN

I am currently living offgrid and using a Growatt SPF3000TL LVM-48P connected to a LifePower4 48V 100Ah battery to power my RV. I charge the battery using a cummins 3600 W (continuous) generator. I am now attempting to add solar panels to my system.

In an attempt to get things working, I have wired three (3) 280w panels ( Voc=44.8V, Isc=8.33A, Vmp=35.2, Imp= 7.95A0) in series, and connected that to the PV input on the Growatt. It's a cloudy day, so at the panels the multimeter reads 115V and 3A. At the breaker box the reading is the same. At the leads before connecting to the Growatt the reading is the same. Once I connect the leads to the Growatt PV inbut block, the voltage drops to ~1V, and current remains the same. The Growatt gives no indication that it is connected to Solar.

I tried reducing the string to 2 panels to see if the Growatt would recognize that configuration, but it did not.

Suggestions?

Only 3A? That seems extremely low. That being said, you are within the parameters for the Growatt to see the panels VOC wise. Seems EXTREMELY strange that PV drops to 1v, which is too low to see the panels for the growatt. I'd verify all my connections and then reach out to where I bought it from to make sure there isn't an actual issue with the inverter leads or some short going on there.

Only 3A? That seems extremely low. That being said, you are within the parameters for the Growatt to see the panels VOC wise. Seems EXTREMELY strange that PV drops to 1v, which is too low to see the panels for the growatt. I'd verify all my connections and then reach out to where I bought it from to make sure there isn't an actual issue with the inverter leads or some short going on there.
Yeah...it's a very gray week here so far. I've checked readings at various points since I posted this and the amperage increases significantly when the sun does break through. I'm puzzled by the low voltage reading myself. I've sent this same information to Signature Solar. Hopefully they'll have a fix!

Yeah...it's a very gray week here so far. I've checked readings at various points since I posted this and the amperage increases significantly when the sun does break through. I'm puzzled by the low voltage reading myself. I've sent this same information to Signature Solar. Hopefully they'll have a fix!
Yes sir, Signature Solar will definitely take care of you!

Did you try unplug and reconnect it again? Maybe your connection isn't good!

Back