diy solar

diy solar

Help identifying a solar panel

The Dish Doc

Photon Pharmer
Good afternoon all,

I need your expertise and help to identify this panel. The rear label is in bad shape but says Model STB-300-295. A tag on the front says Model No : HST24292.

The label reads as follows:

Model STB-300-295

Rated Power (Pmax) 295 WP

Maximum Power Voltage (Vpm) 37.37 V

Maximum Power Current (Ipm) 8.03 A

Open Clrout Voltage (Voc) 44.65 V

Short Circuit Current (Isc) 8.54 A

NOCT 44C

PTC Rating 272W

Cell Efficiency 15%

Watts per Ft. 2 13.6 W

Maximum System Voltage 600v/ 100V

Series Fuse Rating 15A

Electrical Tolemace (+/-) 3%

Would 4 of these work for a 24 volt setup? Anybody know who makes this panel? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Panel1.jpg
    Panel1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 11
  • Panel2.jpg
    Panel2.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Panel3.jpg
    Panel3.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I can't find any reference to either model number. But there is a website address at the bottom of the label. I can't make it out from the picture but it is something like www.solar????.com

The specs on the panel indicate it will work fine on any voltage system, including 24V. Use an MPPT controller. Get one that supports 45A or 50A of charge current. You can arrange the panels in 4P or 2S2P. Given the Voc will be almost 90V in 2S2P you might not be able to use a 100V controller unless it never gets very cold where you are. If it will get cold you might need support for at least 110V.

The tag says solartrublu.com. Florida department of corporations dissolved the LLC in 2014 for failure to file an annual report. A quick search found a quick video for your trailer.

The tag says solartrublu.com. Florida department of corporations dissolved the LLC in 2014 for failure to file an annual report. A quick search found a quick video for your trailer.

That is not the exact trailer I acquired but it is very similar. Thank you for posting the info you found.

I can't find any reference to either model number. But there is a website address at the bottom of the label. I can't make it out from the picture but it is something like www.solar????.com

The specs on the panel indicate it will work fine on any voltage system, including 24V. Use an MPPT controller. Get one that supports 45A or 50A of charge current. You can arrange the panels in 4P or 2S2P. Given the Voc will be almost 90V in 2S2P you might not be able to use a 100V controller unless it never gets very cold where you are. If it will get cold you might need support for at least 110V.
Thank you for your reply. I already have a small 12V system I set up but am planning to put together a larger 24V system. I'll have four of these panels and twelve 100W panels for the solar array side. Ultimately I'd like to be able to power my small hot water heater and my well pump (both 220 loads) in my home. I'm looking at one of the AIOs like the MPP Solar or Growatt. I'd like one I could eventually parallel for 220V. I'm planning on going with LiPo instead of AGMs for this setup. The AIO I'm looking at is the Growatt SPF-3000TL LVM. Do you have any experience with it? I'd like to run both sets of panels into it.

Last edited:
Well I got the other FREE three panels off the solar light trailer today (unit 1 of 3). The labels on the other three panels were fine. Not sure why the first was in such bad shape. Maybe it was raised into the top position and the weather got it. Anyhoo here are my first four FREE panels. Now to get the FREE 12-100 watt panels off the other trailer.

Attachments

• 295 panel label.jpg
    295 panel label.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 295 panel.jpg
    295 panel.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 4
Back