diy solar

diy solar

Help!? I've got 110vDC but i need 110vAC!

solarweirdo

Looking for an OUTDOOR(-20f through 120f) 110vdc to 110vac invertor, needs to be able to handle around 20amp. doesnt need to do ANYTHING other than a dumb, ALWAYS ON invertor.
Any help, new used, maybe questionable use of old microwaves, suggestions are welcome.

May I ask what is the power source for this 110VDC?
two 56v 5amp solar panels, looking to run a replacement 110v 5amp wellpump (slowstart inwell controller/starting cap) if the ac side voltage is low in morning/night idc, just need an always on 110vdc to ac invertor. This will need to run awithout interaction while the sun is up

OP: "110vdc to 110vac invertor, needs to be able to handle around 20amp."
110VAC output at 20A = 2200W of power, so factor in inverter eff, at around 85% which means the power input to the inverter is about 2200W/0.85 = 2588W of power.
You have two 56V 5A, do the math and you can see that you will need lot of solar panels and may be battery-less Solar charge controller that can handle the startup surge of the pump.
BTW, is 56V VOc or Vmp?

110VAC output at 20A = 2200W of power, so factor in inverter eff, at around 85% which means the power input to the inverter is about 2200W/0.85 = 2588W of power.
You have two 56V 5A, do the math and you can see that you will need lot of solar panels and may be battery-less Solar charge controller that can handle the startup surge of the pump.
BTW, is 56V VOc or Vmp?
56v is the VOc i think, other stats i can remember off hand are not exact but would be close to 3amp, 5amp max 10amp series fuse
pump startup on specs is a 5amp startup 3 amp running. havent measured the cable while running it off generator yet.
Still would love finding an dumb always on dc/ac invertor
The 20amp was just as an overspec since we have a pile of matching panels from other well sites that have dead pumps now. I'm pretty sure we'll need to put a couple of extra panels up inspite of the inwell controller/starting cap.
Those two panels had been running a 120v 5amp deep well ac/dc pump for a few years, but it failed like the other 2 from identical installs, where the matching panels come from.

BTW, is 56V VOc or Vmp?
Oh also, the ac output doesnt NEED to be 2kw, just needs to be able to handle that much if given the chance

Back