diy solar

diy solar

HELP!!! Looking for Complete System

Charlotte rates, permit and inspections, trenching, conduit, wiring. Yeah, it isn’t cheap to have an electrician run a circuit to an external building.
I was assuming that the 40 feet of conduit were above ground. No trenches.

Obviously, I’d need to see the plot to give a real estimate, but an electrician has to protect the circuit and have AHJ confirmation it was installed to code. No way I would recommend a shed circuit permanently installed without it.
An overhead line strung to the building is a different matter.
GFCI protection, etc. Operating a company isn’t cheap.
The loads OP discusses would require at least a 20Amp circuit.

Perhaps some technology would help here ... put an ethernet 5-port hub in the house and in the shed, and run an UTP cable from the house to the shed. This extends internet and LAN connectivity to the shed. The high-volume printer stays in the house, but it is ethernet-connected to the shed's pc.

Most laser printers have ethernet ports these days, and have software that includes a printer monitor (shows status, health, etc.) ... you can easily control the printer in the house from the pc in the shed.

At the shed, you would size the solar for a much smaller load of a computer system (pc, monitor, ethernet switch, ups), lights, & fan. The UPS keeps everything computer-wise running if solar glitches a bit, while you save your work.

With the above setup, you might now fit on a single LiFePO4 12v 100Ah battery, inverter, mppt, and associated solar panel. Possibly utilize 12vdc lights & fans, running directly off of the battery, and 120vac off the inverter for the computer system.

Back