diy solar

diy solar

HELP!!! Looking for Complete System

Thrive Studios

I have never done anything like this and looking for some advice. I have an 8x10 Tuff Shed that is going be used as an office. Looking to run a desktop computer, Laser Printer (high volume), Scanner, lights and a fan. What is the best system that would be simple and allow me to my small business? I don't know about Watts, KW or really anything about this topic. Want to plug it all into solar with battery back up if possible. Just need to know where to even begin. There is sooo mush info on this website and forum that I get lost. Thank you, Tracy

I print out loan packages that are sometimes 15- 20 minutes per time and 2-4 times a day, 4 days a week

Thank you so much

You are going to need 1500Wh for the printing,
1500Wh for various other items, and the inverter needs to be 2000W output sustained for 1 hour plus.
I would setup a pair of amper time 100Ah batteries configured to 24V, a quality brand inverter, and enough slar to charge each day
That would be about 1500W of solar...

Top of the page are solar blueprints links.
Best plan is to follow a kit designed by will, and pick individual components that will last.

any idea how much it would be to run 30-40 feet of conduit from garage to shed for 120V?
A hellava lot less than a solar system.
A simple couple of hours job with not much material cost.
Look for a handy man to do it for way less than $850.
Screw getting a permit but do the wiring to code.
I would do it myself.

What's your hourly rate? $150 hour?
This is a simple quick job with few materials.
Charlotte rates, permit and inspections, trenching, conduit, wiring. Yeah, it isn’t cheap to have an electrician run a circuit to an external building.

Back