diy solar

diy solar

Help !!! moved from canada to australia and heading for the tropics as a prepper; i want to build 2 seperate solar system of 24 pannels each minimum

yves demers

i want to be prepared for the worse; reason for 2 systems; i want quality components . i can add more pannels or batteries eventually. i m setting up over a 40 ft shipping container right now to then dismantle and ship once i find affordable & strategic land; i m near Byron Bay; there are so many companies out there; in order to save i just want to purchase the components and set up myself the pannels as i m a perfectionist and most of the time im dissapointed in the craftsmenship out there ; i hate dishonesty and dealt with too many thieves from back in Quebec ; anyways our Dear William here seems not to really have house size configuration systems instructions ; i dont want to hire a company ; what brand do you recommend of batteries, solar pannels ;so far ive come across brands like Q cells pannels, Fronius inverter, and BYD battery box pro 13.8 kw @ 12 000 aus or 9000 u.s., now looking that Will talks about 900$ u.s or 1200 australian dollar for one LiFePo4 100 amp battery; or equivalent in cost of 10 batteries for a BYD brand battery; i d prefer being old school
and not pay for an Lg, or BYD or tesla powerwall that thieves could take off with; but the issue is what do the wise experienced one recommend ? also i d gladly pay for the final wire hook up ; security fuse etc set up... my budget is approximately around $25-30 000 australian i figure for the first set up ...anybodies thoughts?

What's your peak load (wattage) likely to be? That really sets the standard for what you'll need in terms of battery voltage.

For that budget, look around for second hand SMA 4-5kw systems from demolitions. I have purchased half a dozen of these for less than $1500. A brand new Sunny Island 6kw Inverter is around $5k. A REC-Si BMS is $1200 complete. Sinopoly LiFePO4 cells are around $7k for 400ah (20kwh).
Cabling/fuses etc and Enclosures add another $1500.
A good diesel generator (eg Kubota) 6kw around $5k

That is less than $25k and will power a typical household with no problems.

All these parts are readily available in Australia.

I have set up plenty of systems like this.

I am far from an expert. But everything i have read says to go with the LG Neon. It seems to me there is no reason to go cheap with your panels if youhave the money to buy the good ones. Also the neon has builtin mini inverters, so that will save you the cost of an inverter. I am curious if anybody can show me why this is wrong. Preferable before I buy my panels.

Back