diy solar

diy solar

SolarHead

50% of people are below average. (Its a statistic)
My Sol-Ark Dongle is offline. It has been working , both green and red light were ON, now just the red light and I cannot connect using the wi-fi app since the dongle is not connecting to my local wi-fi network. I power cycled the Sol-Ark and same thing, no dongle connection. Should I remove the 2 screws and re-seat the dongle?

Yep pull it out wait a second and put it back in, that should reset it and it will connect again.
Once it is running I suggest you call Sol-Ark and give them the SW Version number of your dongle and make sure it's firmware is up to date. I heard that the very first firmware versions had an issue with disconnecting and not reconnecting.

It can be found in the Web page under Equipment-Gateway and you should see a line with SW Ver.

The dongle on my 12k is having a problem with wifi.
The SSID of our router changed and I want to update it on the dongle. I can connect to the dongle via a wired connection. When I try to rescan for wifi connections I just get a spinning circle.

Tried unplugging the dongle a couple times. Did not help. If there a reset button on it somewhere?

For starters the simplest route is to first establish a connection by going back into your router and changing back the SSID and password to what it originally was and then see if it will connect. That will at least confirm that the Dongle is not bricked.

One of my two were bad out of the box. SA tech support was very helpful with troubleshooting and getting a new one shipped out.

Dongle is not bricked. The old SSID is still on the air along with the new SSID. As soon as I can switch the dongle SSID over to the new SSID I'll turn the old SSID off.
So basiclaly, I have no idea how to change SSID on the dongle. I connect with a cable and when I have it search for wifi it never returns anything. Just get the spinning circle.
Is the dongle a 'one time use'. Once you set the SSID you can't change it?

Last edited:
OK figured it out. Have to disable wifi first before a new scan. Then the scan works and I get a list of SSID.

Back