diy solar

diy solar

Help needed - Direct Purchase EVE Energy Co., Ltd - LF280K 16s - Damaged

Catsandsolar

I purchased 16 LF280K direct from eve after reading so much on this forum. I thought buying direct from eve would gurantee the best cells and service ( the premium was around $500 over the resellers on the forum at the time).

I received my batteries and i can only say they been packed totally inappropriately for international travel. Only a tiny sheet on the top of the batteries and they all have various degress of squashed terminals or some sign of damage to the cell.

I am now totally deflated this is so much money. I have contact eve and sent pictures, they are asking my how many cells are damaged.

What are peoples independent opinons on the condition of the cells ?

Thanks in advance

Full Images https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p5gi65qjmpyjvhr/AABVI-yI6eHiQSMFobess0vna

Purchase Details.

Purchase Order / Paid Date 18th October 2021

$128.50 per cell $2056
$592 shipping and duties ( UK )
$131 paypal fee

Alecia - evebattery.com

Attachments

• 1st batch images 20220114_175546.jpg
    1st batch images 20220114_175546.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 2nd batch images 20220115_105108.jpg
    2nd batch images 20220115_105108.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 2nd batch images 20220115_105116.jpg
    2nd batch images 20220115_105116.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 2nd batch images 20220115_105204.jpg
    2nd batch images 20220115_105204.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 163
Oh man, I am right on the verge of ordering my batteries, and had the exact same thought process as you (why not order directly from EVE, and i liked their terminal adapters over the welded studs other sellers put on), but now I'm terrified. ☹️

Oh man, I am right on the verge of ordering my batteries, and had the exact same thought process as you (why not order directly from EVE, and i liked their terminal adapters over the welded studs other sellers put on), but now I'm terrified. ☹️
Ask/specify packaging method. As with big corporations in America they may well be slow to figure stuff out.

Can't help with how to remedy this but the way that the ones I received from Docan were packed you would have to try really hard to damage them. They have special foam that isolates them.

Thats docan's packaging. I outlined one halfe of the foam and scetched a cell

Attachments

• package.jpg
    package.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 33
I purchased 16 LF280K direct from eve after reading so much on this forum. I thought buying direct from eve would gurantee the best cells and service ( the premium was around $500 over the resellers on the forum at the time).

I received my batteries and i can only say they been packed totally inappropriately for international travel. Only a tiny sheet on the top of the batteries and they all have various degress of squashed terminals or some sign of damage to the cell.

I am now totally deflated this is so much money. I have contact eve and sent pictures, they are asking my how many cells are damaged.

What are peoples independent opinons on the condition of the cells ?

Thanks in advance

Full Images https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p5gi65qjmpyjvhr/AABVI-yI6eHiQSMFobess0vna

Purchase Details.

Purchase Order / Paid Date 18th October 2021

$128.50 per cell $2056
$592 shipping and duties ( UK )
$131 paypal fee

Alecia - evebattery.com
It won't help you, but if you want grade A cells from EVE with test reports and packaging that will survive international shipping, order from Amy Wan at Shenzhen Luyuan, or Sun Fun Kits in the USA. If you order from EVE directly, as you see their packaging leaves much to be desired for any quantity less than a pallet.

Eve no longer cells to individuals if you message them on alibaba they will tell you to scram... bullies...:cautious:
I didn't know that, I suspect it is because too many cells arrived damaged and they don't want to improve or change their packaging.

The DIY solar market is meager number of cell sales compared to the electric vehicle cell market. Easy to understand.

Back