diy solar

diy solar

Help needed with solar panel system design!

Dh1288

I currently have an off grid system with a magnasine 4024 and a bigbattery 4.7 KW that runs my house for about a day, no grid connection or solar panels.
I have been using a generator to charge my battery for years but now it's too expensive.
I have purchased an EG4 48v system after watching Will's videos for a few years and I need some direction as it will be all DIY.
I have the EG4 6500 inverter and 4 of the EG4 5.1kw budget batteries and I was wondering do I need to maximize the volts and amps when wiring the panels for connection. I will have about 300 feet to run the wiring and plan to have two arrays of 10 panels each and I have the specs for the panels below. Can someone recommend the best wiring configuration for these panels and my inverter. I am gonna keep the 24V system for a back up and perhaps later add another EG4 inverter for 240v to run a mini split.

Max power=250 watts
Open Circuit Volts = 37.6
Short circuit amps = 8.85
Current at Pmax = 8.27
Max system voltage = 600 volts

Thanks and please keep explanation simple.

I currently have an off grid system with a magnasine 4024 and a bigbattery 4.7 KW that runs my house for about a day, no grid connection or solar panels.
I have been using a generator to charge my battery for years but now it's too expensive.
I have purchased an EG4 48v system after watching Will's videos for a few years and I need some direction as it will be all DIY.
I have the EG4 6500 inverter and 4 of the EG4 5.1kw budget batteries and I was wondering do I need to maximize the volts and amps when wiring the panels for connection. I will have about 300 feet to run the wiring and plan to have two arrays of 10 panels each and I have the specs for the panels below. Can someone recommend the best wiring configuration for these panels and my inverter. I am gonna keep the 24V system for a back up and perhaps later add another EG4 inverter for 240v to run a mini split.

Max power=250 watts
Open Circuit Volts = 37.6
Short circuit amps = 8.85
Current at Pmax = 8.27
Max system voltage = 600 volts

Thanks and please keep explanation simple.
That inverter is safe to 500V, so you can set all 10 panels in series, and still be way under the limit.

That inverter is safe to 500V, so you can set all 10 panels in series, and still be way under the limit.
Thanks and I understood that from will video but should I connect them in a manner to increase the amps as well or just a series string?

Thanks and I understood that from will video but should I connect them in a manner to increase the amps as well or just a series string?
Amps on the PV feed just waste watts with voltage drop.
Unless shading is an issue, all in series is best.

Back