diy solar

diy solar

Help on first install / balance with Daly & Eve

mrmagica

Hello All! The responses to my first post on settings were very useful so thankyou!

I have added an AILI shunt, and brought a victron IP22 30amp charger. This is running from a Daly 200amp and Eve 280AH 4 cells.
I need to charge the setup to 100% so altered the BMS and victron to cut out at 3.65 per cell. Left it all day.

On checking it seems the cells are not balanced. Let the system settle and these are the results - any input? (I have read the guide on top blaance which is new to me, i did try disconnecting the + on the high cell and run charge, but the BMS wont power without that cell).

finished putting it together :)
20211231_202636.jpg

cells at rest
Screenshot_20220101-182400_SMART BMS.jpg

on charge (note high level 2 so no amp applied)
Screenshot_20220101-182434_SMART BMS.jpg

shunt reading (rest)
20220101_182336.jpg

You could bring the high cell down with a light bulb or something and try again. The other 3 are good.

shouldn't they get closer to 3.6v? I have an old Imax charger was thinking to bring up the other 3 cells....
You could bring the high cell down with a light bulb or something and try again. The other 3 are good.

shouldn't they get closer to 3.6v?
No, fully charged is more like 3.45V. 3.65V is where the wheels come off.

LiFePO4 SoC chart.png

Let me pose an alternate solution to trying to balance your cells "better". At 13.7V, your battery is pretty much fully charged. If you set your charge parameters to here or even just below, your BMS may eventually balance the cells for you. Keeping the voltage between 13.0V and 13.6V should give you 90+% of your battery capacity. If this is sufficient and you do not need to push the limits of your battery, i'd suggest this route at least for a while to see if your BMS will keep the cells in line for normal use.

Hello All! The responses to my first post on settings were very useful so thankyou!

I have added an AILI shunt, and brought a victron IP22 30amp charger. This is running from a Daly 200amp and Eve 280AH 4 cells.
I need to charge the setup to 100% so altered the BMS and victron to cut out at 3.65 per cell. Left it all day.

On checking it seems the cells are not balanced. Let the system settle and these are the results - any input? (I have read the guide on top blaance which is new to me, i did try disconnecting the + on the high cell and run charge, but the BMS wont power without that cell).

finished putting it together :)
View attachment 77938

cells at rest
View attachment 77936

on charge (note high level 2 so no amp applied)
View attachment 77937

shunt reading (rest)
View attachment 77939
Top balance and see how a full charge/discharge cycle does.

Back