diy solar

diy solar

Help one cell charging discharging to fast

Yes

Pretty much. But are you planning on doing capacity tests repeatedly and discharging until LVD?
You should consider your use scenario and manage your battery so that it does not go into LVD often or at all.
No I will rarely drop down that far. I plan on using it in my camper which will be connected to approx 700 watts of solar. I tend to use i on weekends when I can and a few big trips each year the rest of the time it’s parked in my front yard. So it should be typically topped daily when not in use

No I will rarely drop down that far. I plan on using it in my camper which will be connected to approx 700 watts of solar. I tend to use i on weekends when I can and a few big trips each year the rest of the time it’s parked in my front yard. So it should be typically topped daily when not in use
There's no reason to top them off if not in daily use. After your last use/ return trip home let them settlte to 50-70% SOC range, then a day or 2 before heading out let solar charge them up. You can disconnect your solar from charging, yes?

in the process of building it all out but I can add a switch between the solar charger and batteries. Will this help prolong battery life?

does keeping them constantly topped off damage them or lower their life?

Last edited:
@MisterSandals Is it normal for the cells to continue dropping in voltage?

They were all charged to 3.4 or above a few days ago and then all dropped to about 3.38 about a day later and and now they are at about 3.35. I will keep checking them but is this normal?

I thought typical resting voltage was about 3.4?

Sounds pretty balanced.
Not sure whats going on with the bouncing though. Shouldnt do that. Does it bounce only when you touch the setup or move leads? Perhaps a poor connection
When my 10A PS reaches the set voltage, the meter "jumps" between voltage and amperage....like it is "freaking out". It stays in that mode until you change the settings or turn it off.

Back