Solar Enthusiast
Here is my setup:

INSIDE SHED
- 12kW Generator 240V Split Phase with 70A breaker
- 8kW Growatt AOI Split Phase Inverter
- 48V @ 100AH EG4 Battery

INSIDE CABIN
- (1) 100A Split-Phase panel inside the cabin with most loads wired 120V

I need to install a new electrical panel inside the shed. New loads in the shed: (1) 10A circuit. My understanding is that one of the circuits in the new panel will be "Cabin". The first question i have is, what size breaker should this "Cabin" circuit be in the new panel? I suspect this breaker would either be 2-pole 70A or 2-pole 60A. Am I on the right track here?

Second question is, my local Lowes carries the following panels, by EATON or SquareD. Would any of these work well on my application? This will be my first time purchasing an electrical panel and I would like to get it right the first time around. Anything these are missing or anything I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance!

20220627_143039.jpg20220627_143010.jpg20220627_142646.jpg20220627_142548.jpg20220627_142526.jpg

The cabin panel is 100A so this would be the rating of the bus bars. You didn't mention the wire gauge feeding the cabin panel. The general rule is to size the breaker based on the demand and/or device in your system that has the lowest current rating. I would recommend performing a load study on the appliances in your cabin if possible or at least write down the name plate electrical ratings of the major users and add it all up. If it turns out you only need a 50A breaker then go with that or up size slightly keeping in mind any additional appliances that you plan to add later.
Most of the panels sold at the big box stores are consumer grade/value priced items and the bus bars are NOT copper. For example the Eaton panel is a BR type, if you shop around you can probably find an Eaton CH type with solid copper bus bars. It will cost more but I think its well worth it. Others may disagree and recommend the lowest priced item that will work for your needs, I typically don't like doing projects based only on finances.

Back