Help Required - AliExpress Lifepo4 battery dispute

Shale MacGregor

Solar Enthusiast
I don't mean to sound harsh as one UK guy to another, but did you not read the reviews for that battery and seller on the Aliexpress store from the link you sent, 90% of the reviews explicitly state that its nowhere near 300Ah the most someone got was 96Ah
This actually is as condemning of aliexpress as it is of him, the fact that there are many saying the same thing and ali wants to jerk him around for using an improper tester (but don't get me started on him not charging it properly, or discharging it fully)

Rich585

Solar Enthusiast
I agree with others, cut your losses as if you ship back ensure to pay insurance and tracking otherwise if it gets lost and not received by seller. I have read posts of that happening.

From these cheap batteries, the reviews I read indicate 3 out 4 transaction did not go as planned.

If the price is too good to be true it probably is. I fell into same trap. I believe I was lucky as the tracking ended at the export port and after 3 months of waiting I got Aliexpress refund for non delivery. Once you get delivery I just keep reading of all the hoops to jump through to get a refund which is not guaranteed.

I would post it locally for sale for a week before trying to send back. You might end up with more money in your pocket.

It is up to you but they p r on ably have done the same to many others and I get feeling the odd one who complains does not really impact them. Send it back, they will just ship it to the next customer who orders it. Sad but our western ‘customers service’ does not apply in other parts of the world.

I personally am not buying cells from Aliexpress as to me it is too much of a gamble with little recourse if it goes bad.

time2roll

Photon Sorcerer
Been offered half my money back, and I keep the battery, OR all of it back, but I need to return the battery to China.

Given half the cost is £126, and it's £86 to send it to China, I'm wondering if I can be bothered to post it back.. for an extra £40.
Take half the money and move on. You will not get more buy shipping the product back.

Don't forget to leave an honest review once the money is returned. Just the facts, be nice.

Kman68

Take half the money and move on. You will not get more buy shipping the product back.

Don't forget to leave an honest review once the money is returned. Just the facts, be nice.
I took half the money and moved on. Lesson learnt. I now have a roughly 80ah 12v battery to use somewhere.

Bubba1

Solar Addict
80ah makes a nice portable pack. Add a few plugs to charge phone, maybe a cigarette lighter plug. I have one and use it often.