diy solar

diy solar

Help Required - AliExpress Lifepo4 battery dispute

you should never buy from a store that is 4 months on the market and has the name "are u OK store"

80ah makes a nice portable pack. Add a few plugs to charge phone, maybe a cigarette lighter plug. I have one and use it often.

Been offered half my money back, and I keep the battery, OR all of it back, but I need to return the battery to China.

Given half the cost is £126, and it's £86 to send it to China, I'm wondering if I can be bothered to post it back.. for an extra £40.
I checked out the page (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002752049532.html) and it looks like they sell several different Ah versions. I can only estimate from your 1/2 refund (£126) that the original purchase was ~$340 (£252) and the 200Ah was selected (red box around the "Color"). Any chance that you purchased the 200Ah one?

Wonder how close it will really get to that when you discharge 14.6v->10v?

Attachments

• 12_8_80ah.JPG
    12_8_80ah.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 12_8_100ah.JPG
    12_8_100ah.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 12_8_200ah.JPG
    12_8_200ah.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 12_8_300ah.JPG
    12_8_300ah.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 4
I think you should have smelled that this is scam seller in the first place. They have bad reviews (maybe after you bought) but also very little followers and items.
SmartSelect_20211203-080913_Chrome.jpg
I usually try to look for a store with above 90% good feedback, and many items and followers.
There still is a chance that many of the reviews are fake, but you can tell by the comments and see if buyers are from various continents and have different names and comments.

Again this is no guarantee, but lessens the chances that it's a scam.

I'm not writing this to dishonor you, but rather that future buyers beware and buy carefully.

It's not that I haven't been scammed myself: I'm in the process of a dispute for a 12v 20Ah Lifepo4 that puts out less capacity than stated. But other than that the buy has been good, the battery arrived within a month and a half and works well for now.

Hi

I think I need your help.

As discussed in this thread: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/looking-for-272ah-or-280ah-cells.20185/

I purchased a 300ah 12v Lifepo4 battery bank from China via AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002752049532.html?

The battery finally turned up after 3 months, and I performed a capacity test, and it came out at about 81ah compared to the advertised 300ah. Quite a difference.

However, as I'm sure some of you will have anticipated the seller is not accepting this, and AliExpress have not accepted my evidence that the battery is not as advertised.

I posted this photo of the discharge test, just before it ended, and initially the seller argued that the battery can go down to 10v, so my test wasn't correct,

and now AliExpress are saying that the meter I used (which they sell) isn't valid to do such a test. I think I'm screwed here. Any thoughts?

aliexpress.PNG

Was 3 months outside any credit card dispute window ???!?

That's exactly what happened to me, with exactly the same battery. I presented the same evidence, including video to support my case, and they argued the same way...

I also weighed the battery as 300ah cells have a minimum weight, and my battery was only 23kg I think, which is far too light.

Aliexpress eventually offered me half of my money back, which I accepted, a couple of hundred pounds.

Back