diy solar

diy solar

HELP??? To BMS or NOT to BMS with a Growatt??

HeartNSoul

Ok, I bought my Growatt SPF 3000TL-LVM, 8x 3.2V 280Ah LiFePo4 batteries, a ElectroDacus SMBS40 after watching Will's videos, especially the ElectroDacus one and the 24V system setup. I was told by Ian at Watts24/7 not to hook up the BMS to the inverter. Dacian shares about the BMS will not work with these Charge controllers / Invertors. Then Will shows how to hook the ElectroDacus into the MPPT switch to make it work. So now I need to get this figured out before I fianlize it. Has anyone hooked up their ElectroDacus or any BMS to a Growatt? If so, PLEEEEEZ let me know how!!!
Also... isn't a Remote controller a Relay?
Thanks... trying desperately to learn all of this as California Fire Power Outages are on their way here.
Julie

Last edited:
Can you tell me if you have a isolating switch between the battery and the inverter ? I can’t seem to find out what I should use . I was thinking a 160amp ANL FUSE looks right , but wanted to check what others have , hope you can give me some advice , thanks !

Everyone! Filter Guy is the one to talk to. He has been awesome in helpong me to design the best system for this. I am finally getting all the parts together and putting it together this next week. I could NOT use the Electrodacus SBMS40 as it was only for 40amp systems. This isn't always very clear in the info that you can find on it. We ended up using an ANT BMS as he can explain and other safeguards. We are not going through the switch. Hope that helps. If this works all as planned I plan to put out a video and specs.

Everyone! Filter Guy is the one to talk to. He has been awesome in helpong me to design the best system for this. I am finally getting all the parts together and putting it together this next week. I could NOT use the Electrodacus SBMS40 as it was only for 40amp systems. This isn't always very clear in the info that you can find on it. We ended up using an ANT BMS as he can explain and other safeguards. We are not going through the switch. Hope that helps. If this works all as planned I plan to put out a video and specs.
Great. Looking at FilterGuy's posts now. WOuld you care to post up your system design? I'm looking at the Growatt as the hub of my off-grid system. Thanks.

I personally have not yet finished putting this system together so I have not been able to comment on how it works yet. Because of this, I will not post the system specs until I have tested and can share that info... BUT! Filter Guy might be able to help you with the specs that he is advising . Sorry, life is getting in the way at the moment.

Back