diy solar

diy solar

HELP - Transfer Switch “DEF” in Gen Mode Don’t Work

iSwannie

Now that's WATT I am Talking About!
Hi all,

I am néw to owning a Growatt 3000w 24v with a Big Battery Hawk 24v bank. However everything is working and mounted on a Gorilla cart (except the solar panels which are on a trailer). I have installed a 6 circuit Reliance Control transfer switch 30 amp 120v 31406 on my main house panel for essential circuits. It has 6 circuit breakers in it that I have wired to 6 circuits in my main panel. It appears when using the generator power cord that came with the transfer switch in conjunction with a generator receptacle that I wired from the output on the Growatt cart I only get ABC circuits powered. DEF circuits seem to not have power. I need to clarify all circuits work while in line mode and only the ABC work while in gen mode on the transfer switch. Can anyone help me understand what might be wrong? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Attachments

• 07B07D80-AFFF-41D3-A73D-FAA1B9999B9F.jpeg
    07B07D80-AFFF-41D3-A73D-FAA1B9999B9F.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 20
Hi all,

I am néw to owning a Growatt 3000w 24v with a Big Battery Hawk 24v bank. However everything is working and mounted on a Gorilla cart (except the solar panels which are on a trailer). I have installed a 6 circuit Reliance Control transfer switch 30 amp 120v 31406 on my main house panel for essential circuits. It has 6 circuit breakers in it that I have wired to 6 circuits in my main panel. It appears when using the generator power cord that came with the transfer switch in conjunction with a generator receptacle that I wired from the output on the Growatt cart I only get ABC circuits powered. DEF circuits seem to not have power. I need to clarify all circuits work while in line mode and only the ABC work while in gen mode on the transfer switch. Can anyone help me understand what might be wrong? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Is your generator 120/240volt? Your power cord is feeding one phase of a split phase panel when on solar

Could you take some pictures of you generator power cord ends and the generator receptacle wired to the growatt. I use a Reliance transfer switch and use a 120vac 20 amp plug out of my mpp solar. I use an adaptor that bridges the output sides from the 120vac to the two inputs of the Reliance transfer switch. If you can add some pictures I think we can find an adaptor that will bridge the output from you growatt to the input of the Reliance transfer switch. Is the input to the Reliance transfer switch 240 volt?

Check this out on amazon. this adaptor bridges the output to the input of the reliance transfer switch.

AC WORKS Generator to Transfer Switch L14-30 Inlet Box Adapter (15Amp Household to L14-30 Compact)​

I also have something wrong on the wiring between my Growatt, Reliance Transfer switch and the main panel. When I plug the AC in while generator cord is plugged in it trips my GFCI in my garage. I am thinking it is something with the neutral wire but not sure what needs to change.

any help or recommendation on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks for feedback. I am connecting on both ends as generator plug from Growatt to Reliance transfer switch.

Attachments

• 099FC3F3-A176-4C69-8952-98D95B116031.jpeg
    099FC3F3-A176-4C69-8952-98D95B116031.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 11
  • C40B0846-8258-4D4D-91C5-4CB154CDD203.jpeg
    C40B0846-8258-4D4D-91C5-4CB154CDD203.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 11
Did you get it figured out? If your using a 110 gen, then only half of the transfer switch is going to be hot. I just installed mine and just wired the black and red wires together. So only one side of my 4 prong 30 amp is hot.

Thanks rs50pilot for the feedback and follow up. Yes I finally figured out I need to jumper the two wires since it is only 120v right now. I do appreciate the follow up!

Back