diy solar

diy solar

Help understanding ONE string for exterior garage (gable facing due South) Panels on both sides of roof

Like you said: "Each power optimizer transmits its module’s performance data over the DC power line. When using a SolarEdge inverter, these signals are received by the inverter and can be used for maintenance and remote monitoring. To monitor the modules when using a non-SolarEdge inverter, add a SolarEdge Safety and monitoring interface device (purchased separately). Monitoring the optimizers is not mandatory for generating power."

My connections will be on the roof.
I will put diodes like that, inside mc4 fuse holders.
If, I can't find pre made rated options.
That will work.
I’ve personally grown intolerant of needing a ladder or having not easily accessible stuff that might require troubleshooting not a ground or floor level.

That will work.
I’ve personally grown intolerant of needing a ladder or having not easily accessible stuff that might require troubleshooting not a ground or floor level.
I feel the same way, as I'm getting older.
But, I also prefer simplicity. So, I have a single pair of 10 gauge wires from the roof to my equipment room.
Wasn't any need for a combiner box. And, I shouldn't have to do any maintenance on the roof. Once everything is installed, anyway.

Here's the response

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220316-043043_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220316-043043_Gmail.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 7
Here's the response
They just came in the mail. They appear to be very good quality. I believe that they will last for a long time. I purchased 5, only plan on using 2. I have spares, in case of a lightning strike. Because, they will be installed ahead of the arrestors.

Back