diy solar

diy solar

Help wanted-Growatt/MPPT users.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I have the exact same issue and question with my Growatt 3000 48v ES single inverter recently.

So basically, after the system reach CV, it may stop solar charging into the next day, unless battery voltage drops to some level, which does not appear to be settable anywhere. With CV 55.4, FV 53.5 and my battery sit at 52.5 while not charging under full sun. I am able to trigger solar charge by starting a 1500watt heat gun for a few seconds. From battery BMS, I can tell volt dropped to 51.63 at one point.
This seems like an inverter fault.

I do wonder what the rest of your settings are. As Zwy has suggested, without knowing all of your settings it's difficult to comment. I will say, however, that what you're describing, adding a load and that triggers solar charging to begin, should not occur in any setting of a Growatt inverter that I am aware of.

Please post your settings and honestly, I'd be wanting an exchange on your inverter as it sounds like it's not functioning correctly. No, I do not work for Growatt.

Back