diy solar

diy solar

Help with 128 batteries each one is 280ah, and want to configure for 48v system.

Any update curing the runnner battery pack?
So far its doing well, brought everything online yesterday morning after the intentionally mis-calibrating the cells to allow the batrium to discharge them to about .3 volts below the others. Used and old pc power supply and fans and was able to keep the m8s at 39c with a 1.84 discharge rate over night. Batteries are charging up this morning and have not diverged significantly.

Attachments

• P7221053.JPG
    P7221053.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 9
  • screenshot_329.png
    screenshot_329.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 9
So far its doing well, brought everything online yesterday morning after the intentionally mis-calibrating the cells to allow the batrium to discharge them to about .3 volts below the others. Used and old pc power supply and fans and was able to keep the m8s at 39c with a 1.84 discharge rate over night. Batteries are charging up this morning and have not diverged significantly.
Sounds great. Do you have fans directly on all 16 of the M-8’s?
Can you describe more about intentionally “mis-calibration” of the cells? Which ones? What you did ...Etc...
This could be a great learning experience for all of us to know how you fixed the issues. My batteries arrive tomorrow supposedly so I hopefully will be starting my project as soon as I get them top balanced etc...
Hope to hear good reports on your system staying equal.

Sounds great. Do you have fans directly on all 16 of the M-8’s?
Can you describe more about intentionally “mis-calibration” of the cells? Which ones? What you did ...Etc...
This could be a great learning experience for all of us to know how you fixed the issues. My batteries arrive tomorrow supposedly so I hopefully will be starting my project as soon as I get them top balanced etc...
Hope to hear good reports on your system staying equal.
Just the ones that were doing passive discharge, with no fan at 1.84 amps they can hit hit 47-50c. I wanted to discharge just the runners. But the batrium in -> hardware -> cellmon allows for a single voltage point. I hit me why not intentionally mis-calibrate the ones that are higher even higher. This way I could target just those and discharge them slighly lower than the rest of the pack. I went in and maxxed the setting for calibration variance. I'm not sure if this is ideal but it did allow me to get those down. I did order the heltec 16s and will be here tomorrow or Tuesday to test.

Thank you for the response, each one is 280ah, my title might be slightly misleading the way I worded it.
No matter what, if you have the same number of cells, you have the same amount of stored energy.
Changing how many are in series or parallel, doesn't change the storage capacity of a single cell.

Just the ones that were doing passive discharge, with no fan at 1.84 amps they can hit hit 47-50c. I wanted to discharge just the runners. But the batrium in -> hardware -> cellmon allows for a single voltage point. I hit me why not intentionally mis-calibrate the ones that are higher even higher. This way I could target just those and discharge them slighly lower than the rest of the pack. I went in and maxxed the setting for calibration variance. I'm not sure if this is ideal but it did allow me to get those down. I did order the heltec 16s and will be here tomorrow or Tuesday to test.
I just received my cells from Exliporc, still currently opening them (over halfway to 68) but was curious if or how many of your cells seem to be more swollen than others? Just curious if this what others have been seeing?

I just received my cells from Exliporc, still currently opening them (over halfway to 68) but was curious if or how many of your cells seem to be more swollen than others? Just curious if this what others have been seeing?
My first order of 128 were all flat thankfully. The 4 from amy are all flat as well. Trying to find Exliporc, I'm not familiar with that name. Maybe this one: https://exliporc.en.alibaba.com/?

I contacted many in the past but the names do not ring any bells.

I did a search in my messages did not see I had spoken with them.

Are the just slightly swollen? How is the resistance and differences in cell voltages?

Last edited:
My first order of 128 were all flat thankfully. The 4 from amy are all flat as well. Trying to find Exliporc, I'm not familiar with that name. Maybe this one: https://exliporc.en.alibaba.com/?

I contacted many in the past but the names do not ring any bells.

I did a search in my messages did not see I had spoken with them.

Are the just slightly swollen? How is the resistance and differences in cell voltages?
I’ve only been able to check a few of the voltages so far and they’re pretty close. I have not started checking internal resistance yet, just curious what did you do (how) to check your internal resistance?

I’ve only been able to check a few of the voltages so far and they’re pretty close. I have not started checking internal resistance yet, just curious what did you do (how) to check your internal resistance?
One I bought.

I had planned to do a full test of Amy's batteries and another seller but due to my error I cannot. This is my tester for checking capacity.

One I bought.

I had planned to do a full test of Amy's batteries and another seller but due to my error I cannot. This is my tester for checking capacity.

I just order one, be here Wednesday.

So they just shipped the batteries, there's no tracking number because:
"Because choose sea- truck delivery, not sea-Fedex/ups delivery, but pls do t worry" - April Cao from DeliGreen

Is this normal? There will be no tracking information?

"Because choose sea- truck delivery, not sea-Fedex/ups delivery, but pls do t worry" - April Cao from DeliGreen

Both sellers sent a tracking number first order was ups, my second order Amy sent them by fedex.

Last edited:

Well there was no tracking information on my batteries at first because they were shipped by sea of course. No way to track by sea I’m told....
I was given a FedEx tracking number eventually. Even though the FedEx number did work, it said that label was created. When I reached out to follow up on my batteries and when they might arrive, I was then given a UPS tracking number. The UPS tracking number said the same thing, a label has been created but that was all the information there.
After weeks of constantly checking the UPS tracking number, it finally did tell me that my batteries were picked up by UPS and we’re on the way. It took my battery’s almost 3 months to get here. I have read threads on this site, people say their battery just showed up one day.
It seems different people have different experiences depending on which company you order from. I used Exliporc.

My heltec scheduled for Monday went into the triangle of lost packages, tracking stopped in the next town an hour away.

Attachments

• triangle of lost packages.png
    triangle of lost packages.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 3
Well there was no tracking information on my batteries at first because they were shipped by sea of course. No way to track by sea I’m told....
I was given a FedEx tracking number eventually. Even though the FedEx number did work, it said that label was created. When I reached out to follow up on my batteries and when they might arrive, I was then given a UPS tracking number. The UPS tracking number said the same thing, a label has been created but that was all the information there.
After weeks of constantly checking the UPS tracking number, it finally did tell me that my batteries were picked up by UPS and we’re on the way. It took my battery’s almost 3 months to get here. I have read threads on this site, people say their battery just showed up one day.
It seems different people have different experiences depending on which company you order from. I used Exliporc.
I just recieved an interesting note from my cell supplier. Ordered on June 3rd. It hit the ship on June 18th, and is now in customs on July 26th, so around 43 days across the sea to the US.

I just recieved an interesting note from my cell supplier. Ordered on June 3rd. It hit the ship on June 18th, and is now in customs on July 26th, so around 43 days across the sea to the US.
That is decently quick, I put in two orders with two different suppliers. As I wanted to do a full logging test to see how they performed. My second shipment is schedule to hit the port on August the 11th. Found out that eve released new cells just slightly larger that are rated for 6000 cycles.

That is decently quick, I put in two orders with two different suppliers. As I wanted to do a full logging test to see how they performed. My second shipment is schedule to hit the port on August the 11th. Found out that eve released new cells just slightly larger that are rated for 6000 cycles.
Where did you find out about the new cells?

Back