diy solar

diy solar

Help with a milk crate but just AC and good readout

rythven

Hi guys hope you are all well this is my first post.
I would like to DIY a *portable* power station. My main need is that it has an accurate readout and fast charging. I do not actually need the solar charging aspect sorry if it is inappropriate in a solar forum haha.

So in relation to Will's crate build, I do not need the mppt. My main use case is to power a busking setup of guitar amp, speakers, laptop.
So I really need to have an accurate reading of the battery level and also be able to charge while using the battery. Fast charging would be great too do I just buy higher than 10A charger?

Basically I was gonna buy a Bluetti eb3a ($209) and if you guys can help me make something thats just better for my unplugged Hendrix fantasy I would appreciate it thanks!

Last edited:
Recommend buying the Bluetti.

It would be hard for me to build a 600 watt, 250 ah battery pack for less than $209.

4 x 25 ah lithium cells at $20 each and a BMS for about the same price, and a 600 watt inverter $120 all before shipping. There’s a lot of other things like fuses wiring mounts case that all add up. That is more than the Bluetti. Oh, and a Dc to ac converter.

The cheaper, easier route is to get the Bluetti. Maybe it’s part of your gig, a conversation piece, or a huge desire to DIY.

It would be hard for me to build a 600 watt, 250 ah battery pack for less than $209.
or less than 700? iirc but it was epic, and we learned so much watching!
for the op the bluetti also gives you PV connections so you CAN go solar, if you catch the bug while your visiting here...

Watched Hobo's test on the eb3a with an amp and the inverter isnt clean enough so you get noise..

Amperetime has a 50ah + 20A charger that I will probably work with instead. $200 is cheap but you get what you pay for and the eb3a still doesnt seem like good money spent

Back