diy solar

diy solar

Help with BMS selection

Jazzman56

Hi all,
I'm planning on running a snomaster fridge in my car and looking at getting some Lishen cells around the 272ah mark or potentially smaller if space is an issue.

My question is what BMS do people recommend ? I've had a look at heaps on the forum. I see allot of people using the Daly's ? Are these any good compared to the Chargery ? Or should I be looking at something else ?

I've built a ebike battery in the past so I do have some technical knowledge so I'm not deterred by something a bit more complicated.

What is your design maximum continuous current spec?
12 volt or 24 volt system?
If its only the fridge
if your max continous load is <100 amps I suggest you get one from here.

At this point I think 100amps continuous would be suitable although I would like the potential to run a high power inverter at some point. What would you recommend for more than 100amps ?

The fridge can run off both 12 and 24v. I'd like to go 24v for i2R conductor losses but I already have a redarc bcdc1225d which is 12v. I'll try and see if I can find a 24v dcdc for a decent price. If not I'll roll with a 12v system.

I'm from Australia is there anywhere else I can get that BMS from ? From what I can understand it's the same model on AliExpress ?

Thanks for your help !!! Much appreciated

Ahhh something like a victron. I'll have to go for a google. Thanks for your help :)

At this point I think 100amps continuous would be suitable although I would like the potential to run a high power inverter at some point. What would you recommend for more than 100amps ?

The fridge can run off both 12 and 24v. I'd like to go 24v for i2R conductor losses but I already have a redarc bcdc1225d which is 12v. I'll try and see if I can find a 24v dcdc for a decent price. If not I'll roll with a 12v system.

I'm from Australia is there anywhere else I can get that BMS from ? From what I can understand it's the same model on AliExpress ?

Thanks for your help !!! Much appreciated
Hi , I hail from Canada , but Zeva is from Australia, Ian Hooper is great guy to connect up with . He supply's diy Bms up to 16S for what seems to be rock solid .

Hi , I hail from Canada , but Zeva is from Australia, Ian Hooper is great guy to connect up with . He supply's diy Bms up to 16S for what seems to be rock solid .
Hi, I was going to go with a ZEVA but really liked the price point and capability of the Electrodacus SBMS0 with the DSSR20 as a solar input. So ended up buying from Canada. Thanks for your input much appreciated. In the unlikely event i have issues with the SBMS0 i'll run with the ZEVA or maybe a Batrium.

Back