diy solar

diy solar

Help with Building a solar system for use in my 2005 town and country

Mortex

Hi everyone Just a small background about me - my situation then down to needing some help

I live in NY as of April 29 2019 I began living in my 2005 Chrysler Town and Country touring edition 3.8l (( Stow and Go ))
I am disabled living off a very small income

I removed the rear seats so I could use the tubs they folded down into to store my batteries and make the van lighter having both would only consume
more fuel and leave me less room inside the van having the batteries inside the main area.

I bought 2 of walmart's Maxx 1000 CCA batteries 5 year warranty which I used to power this laptop, DVD player, 12V Electric Blankets, 12V led reading light / highlight in cab light, 2 12V O2Cool 14" fans and a few other things..
I managed to make it through the winter from the help of a friend allowing me to plug into his shops electric to charge my batteries and allowed me to use a 110 electric heater even with that I had water jugs freeze up front So much heat loss.. this year its fully insulated
I have prepared the van for winter time using loctite expandable foam and wool blend insulation along with a radiant barrier
I removed the front rear passenger seats this is where I am storing my Deep cycle batteries etc..

I just bought 2 walmart's Maxx deep cycle 800cca 2 year warranty as of Thur June 4th 2020
I just Ordered 2 Renogy 100 Watt solar panels (( 200 watts )) for now will add another 2 for 400 watt total today June 5th
They will be mounted on top of the van with a custom bracket so I can angle and track the sun for max solar light

I am confused with getting MPPT or PMW I have been watching Videos on youtube looking at ones on Ebay and checking out the reviews
so much junk out there as expected coming from china (( knockoff capital of the world ))

If you want the full details of my setup - inside of the van what my plans for getting the next few to better understand what I need
let me know (( warning WARNING warning )) I am often long winded
My friends and family would die of shock seeing this small post -
Thanks for any and all the help -- I watched his videos but left unsure which is better to get I watched others and left feeling the same

Back