diy solar

diy solar

Help with calculation/ Size

Njani

Greetings to all.
I want to design this system from scratch and i need you to help me size my system and propose the best component to use in the system. I have this building in the photo where i want to install solar power.
I want to use battle born lithium batteries and victron charge controller and inverter but if the costs is too high i will go for lid acid batteries. Bellow is the list of apparatus i will be using in the house.
- 6 Fans of 70w to run for 8hours per day
- 6 TV of 120w to run for 5hours per day
- 6 laptop of 65w to run for 3hrs per day
- 100 bulbs of 9w to run for 12hrs per day.

Please kindly help me with the following:
- Solar panel array/number of panels i need and best recommended panel
- charge controller rating and charging time i need to charge my battery bank
- inverter rating and recommend the best mark
- Battery bank size and number of battery required.
- accessories need to link up the system
- monitoring devices needed
- best connection method for panels and batteries.

Thanks in advance and will be happy to read from you all.20210927_085608.jpg

You might find this usefull.

One Warning: The calculation for the inverter size assumes everything is on at once. This will not be the case for a whole house system so you will need to try to make some guesses on what all will be on at the same time to figure out the size inverter you need.

The same is true for the surge power.... and it is almost certain that not everything will turn on at once.

Is this on-grid or off-grid? No air conditioning? Furnace? Laundry?
Is this up north or near the equator? Sunny climate or rainy?

You might find this usefull.

One Warning: The calculation for the inverter size assumes everything is on at once. This will not be the case for a whole house system so you will need to try to make some guesses on what all will be on at the same time to figure out the size inverter you need.

The same is true for the surge power.... and it is almost certain that not everything will turn on at once.
Thanks

Back