diy solar

diy solar

Help with EG4 battery diagnostic

Decon36

I have four eg4 48volt batteries in parallel. We'll call them 1,2,3, and 4. I installed them and started as per Signature Solar videos and all was great for about a month. Two weeks ago I noticed battery 4 showed 100% charge but was not discharging, I pushed the reset button but nothing changed. So the following week I return home from work to find the house is shutdown .After restarting the batteries and inverters, battery 3 immediatly shuts down the house and I notice a slight burnt smell and the bms software shows three alarms " charging mos off", " discharge mos off" and "short circuit protection". Now I have battery 3 and 4 not working and unable to run my water well on the remaining 1 and 2 batteries which are working fine. We tried tech support at Signature Solar but I believe they are not well trained and they definitely lack communication skills. Does any body have experience to diagnose the issue(s) with these batteries? And the bms software no longer shows any alarms and charge is 96% and 100%.

The burnt smell says that one or both batteries are fried. Hopefully, they are still under warranty.

It cannot even connect. Just repeats a message about trying to connect. I think the BMS has failed.

Back