diy solar

diy solar

Help with my settings on MPP Solar LV2424 please

zack6736

Hello. First off, I have 10 200 watt panels, 2 strings of 5 each in parellel. 2-LiFeSo4 200AH batteries in series to make 24v. I have my output source set to SBU. I need input please on :
1. Voltage point back to utility source.
2. Voltage point back to battery mode.

I think the other settings are good. I THINK :cool: I looked at the monitor throughout the day today and all was good, PV input 1.66Kw, Batt: 27.4V Load 600VA, 497watts. Then an hour later checked it and PV input was 0, PV volts were 107. I am currently running on strictly battery and its at 26.3v. So figure it's something in my settings keeping electric from coming from PV. The icons are on the screen indicating PV and utility is detected.

Thanks for any advice.

For me I have my back to utility source presently set at the same voltage at the float voltage recommend for my battery of 27.5v. I've played with setting at full charge and a little below float voltage. I can't see any difference.

With respect to back to battery mode, I have it set to 24.5v and the reason is that if I set it at 24.0 volts the battery discharge current is over 23 amps for at that time of day when I start to loss the sun. My controller cannot handle any battery discharge current over 23 amps.

With the battery discharge current over 23 amps, the controller will shut off for about 2 minutes and then turn back on, but on utility power.

What I would like someone to chime in on is it best to have your batteries charge to full charge before switching back to battery mode or set it at battery float voltage or a little below float voltage.

My settings are at,
Switch to grid - 20% SOC.
Switch to battery- 50% SOC.
But, it all depends on your system. (Amount of battery and solar you have)
Once the battery gets to 50%, the solar is producing enough to cover my loads and also keep charging.

My settings are at,
Switch to grid - 20% SOC.
Switch to battery- 50% SOC.
But, it all depends on your system. (Amount of battery and solar you have)
Once the battery gets to 50%, the solar is producing enough to cover my loads and also keep charging.
True, but I can't go by SOC as once my battery voltage reached 24.5 volts the controller will shut off because of my load demand and a tall tree in the neighbor yard that blocks the sun about 30 minutes before no sun light. It sucks I know, but I have to live with it. I need a larger capacity controller say around 6K would work just fine.

Yes
Every system is different. And so is the location.
I'm currently working with 5.5kw of panels on a 6kw charger. But, there will be much more soon.

Back