diy solar

diy solar

Help With REVO II VE 5.5kw - CT Function

MikeSolarPT

Hi, guys,

I'm a new solar guy, just installed 4Kw solar PV ( 9*455W panels ) and a REVO II VE 5.5KW inverter. Did it all alone and everything is working. About the REVO II I'm a little disappointed because some functions don't work properly and others the software lies to me.

I'm grid connected and i don't want to inject power to the grid ( also I'm not allowed to because this inverter doesn't have the necessary certification to be feed power to Portuguese grid.)

Fact one - When you don't select on-grid, with CT function off, the screen shows you are not injecting power, but that is a big lie. If you are producing 2000W on the PV and you are consuming 200W ate home, the excess power is going to the grid. It shows zero feed-in but i have measured and it is going to the grid. So that is a huge lie from the brand and from the inverter info displayed. If you select CT, even if you don't have one, it will show you that power going to the grid.

Question one - I have the CT sensor, a 100A/0,333V split core CT and i select the CT on the inverter, deselect on grid mode as said by the Sorotec, but I'm still feeding allot of power to the grid. It seams that bellow the 1000W PV i see the solar panels shutting down and slowly going back up, for some time, like it was trying to limit, but it never stays fixed to the amount I'm consuming at home. After 1000W it doesn't do anything, just sends all the excess to the grid.
Does anyone here have the same inverter with the CT function limiting properly?

I have seen other inverters and when they are limiting and just stay in line with the amount of power produced, 10 to 15W difference but they keep up and never inject power to the grid. This one is not working like that and i don't know if this is normal for this inverter or not.

My settings are:

Mode - PV+AC with CT sensor selected
Ongrid ( not selected )
PV - 4000W
CT Funtion - fine tuned to match power consumptions and injection ( i think it is at 950 )

The screen show CT in + power when injecting and negative when it is consuming.

I appreciate you help guys. Im going mad with this.solar.png

Last edited:
In solar only mode without batteries the mppt can know how much power it as to supply to the loads, I don't understand why it doesn't do the same with the CT limiter in PV+AC

Ok, i received information from Sorotec to test my setup with about 300volts on the solar array.
I'm going to remove 1 panel, that will give me 398Volt open circuit and 332volts mppt. Lets see if it works the CT function like this. I have seen a lot of videos and the PV voltage is around 250/300volts with the CT working.
My string is 9 panels 445watts and at this time i have 448 open circuit voltage and 370 mppt voltage.

I will input here the findings.

I believe this applies to all similar models, AXPERT aliexpress store, EASUN, Powland - Models IGRID VE II 5,5kw and Sorotec REVO II 5,5kws inverters

Another issue I'm having, now that i have connected the batterie, is that at 0 amps, the screen shows 7 amps, and the power is all wrong. Also the AC input from the grid show alot o Watts, and im not consuming any power. This wasn't happening without the batterie. Could this be some noise in the inverter? should i try to get a better ground for it? What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about lies

Sorry I did not catch your problems sooner, I could have helped to reduce frustration.

CT function measure the power you use from the grid.
(Or negative, that you push to the grid)

This is separate unit that must be purchased and installed correctly.

Their. Manually is confusing with it, but easy to correct if the usage reading are seen as delivery to the grid ( negative), just turn the CT around.

There are many settings possible, and some will deliver the excess energy to the grid.
Others to the battery, no grid, and one other only when the battery is fully charged.

What might be seen as a lie, depending on when you purchased and what information source..
Solar charge. Some specifications say 4500 watt, others 5000 watt.

I've noticed that the readings of solar above 2500 watt are not accurate.
My shunt measured 4500 watt, the Revo 5000.

The same goes for the charge to the battery and AC.

Numbers don't add up.
In best case (about 2000 solar, 1000 watt AC, the difference is 100-150w.
Worse case, 5000 solar, 2000 AC, itt charges just 1750-2000 watt, according to the display.

Already known now is that 5000 is 4500.
And it's not heat, that is easy to feel.
Not 1250 heater :)
Also not 750

I'm in the process of installing more shunts to get more accurate information
Including AC KW meter.

Overall I'm happy with the Revo II.

You should NOT compare it to EASun, that's absolute crap.
That fried my 16 X 200Ah deep cycle lead acid battery by charging it at 78v....
Besides this, the AC made my led lights stroboscopic...

It's always a good idea to have propper grounding on the housing of any Inverter, including the Sorotec Revo II..

Some insight in the battery less operation.

It does have a slight buffer, super capacitor.
The MPPT doesn't react fast enough with sudden peaks to keep up.

Increase of 2000 watt (large pump) will stop the inverter, but steps if 250 till you reach 3000, is not a problem, if your solar prodiction is enough.

It's a good function for when you do battery maintenance, you still have AC, but limited.

I'm not sure about lies

Sorry I did not catch your problems sooner, I could have helped to reduce frustration.

CT function measure the power you use from the grid.
(Or negative, that you push to the grid)

This is separate unit that must be purchased and installed correctly.

Their. Manually is confusing with it, but easy to correct if the usage reading are seen as delivery to the grid ( negative), just turn the CT around.

There are many settings possible, and some will deliver the excess energy to the grid.
Others to the battery, no grid, and one other only when the battery is fully charged.

What might be seen as a lie, depending on when you purchased and what information source..
Solar charge. Some specifications say 4500 watt, others 5000 watt.

I've noticed that the readings of solar above 2500 watt are not accurate.
My shunt measured 4500 watt, the Revo 5000.

The same goes for the charge to the battery and AC.

Numbers don't add up.
In best case (about 2000 solar, 1000 watt AC, the difference is 100-150w.
Worse case, 5000 solar, 2000 AC, itt charges just 1750-2000 watt, according to the display.

Already known now is that 5000 is 4500.
And it's not heat, that is easy to feel.
Not 1250 heater :)
Also not 750

I'm in the process of installing more shunts to get more accurate information
Including AC KW meter.

Overall I'm happy with the Revo II.

You should NOT compare it to EASun, that's absolute crap.
That fried my 16 X 200Ah deep cycle lead acid battery by charging it at 78v....
Besides this, the AC made my led lights stroboscopic...

It's always a good idea to have propper grounding on the housing of any Inverter, including the Sorotec Revo II..
what i mean is specs vs reality.

In mentions CT limiting function with external CT - This is reported with several users, that this only works if you have a PV voltage around 300volts. If the inverter specs say that you can have to 500volts array, it should works in any voltage on the range. Not only at a determined voltage.

When you are without battery, and you are in AC+PV ( ongrid mode not selected ) the grid side shows 0 watts but the reality, if you measure, you are sending all the excess power to the grid. just measure and you will see. ( this mode should limit to 0 any feed in even without a external CT. )

Also, there is no information what batteries you can connect to work in Lithium mode. There no information to any protocols that you can add the battery bms to the inverter, by can bus.

The inverter readings are not calibrated. There is major error in the readings. I have calibrated mine and now they show more or less accurate. This should be done in the factory, every inverter should be accurate.

To end, there is no information that in AC+PV + Battery, the battery only works as a UPS / Backup. I bought the inverter thinking i could have batteries, charge them and use them in my loads, and all the excess power could be sent to the grid. This is not the case.

And all the issues im having since i bought this inverter, like since i added the battery, the float mode working, 3 days ago it was floating and sudently without any battery drain, it started charging again for 2 times. The next day it would go to float anymore.

10:30 am fully charged, i set bulk to 56 but it still jumped to amost 57volts, the it went to float at 54.4volts, the at about 14:00 it started charging again, the battery as in float and at 54.4 and this should not happen. then after 30 minutes it charged again, only after that it went to float mode. at almost 16:00 it started charging again........ this is nuts.
At that time i was calibrating the device as you can see for the charge current that as always ay 6/7 amps, at 17:30 it was 0amps. It was calibrated.

bateria.png

Since 3 days ago i also noticed that the inverter stops charging and restart, maybe it is overheating? coold down the charger? I don't have any error. you can see in pic 1 at 10am, and in pic 2 at 11am. The temp here are climbing,2 weeks ago is was 20ºc now it is getting closer to 30 but at 10 am it as about 21/22ºc.

pv1.png

pv2.png

Today i did the procedures again, to set voltage bulk and float, i removed 1 panel from my system, and im working at 350 volts, and lets see if it stops charging at 56 volts and floats at 54volts as set. I rebooted always between changes in the configurations.

From the data im collecting, the inverter never reported float mode active, but can be the software collecting data that as a bug.

I think when you buy something, it is expected at least to work as it should. Putting a product on the market with so many problems, and even if the firmware can solve them, like the mppt firmware, you can´t flash it, never.

Have you think that if the screen malfunctions, you have a dead inverter, because i cant use a app like watchpower or solarpower to change settings. You are forced to buy a new screen. any MPP inverter and many other brands, allow to change setting via software, this you can´t. I asked the company and you can´t do it. In these days, that inverters are so popular in DIY, almost all manufacturer have firmware updating, manual ou online to their product, because it comes a new battery, you can update the firmware to accept that protocol.
I admit that the product in the specs look a great product, but for me in reality it is not been like that, and the thing i dont want is the inverter damaging my batteries. If it wasn't the BMS i already would have a damaged pack. 1300€ loss is major problem, and i would not believe that the company would pay me that damage.

Last edited:
Please find attached the CAN protocol.

For floating, yes, I have the same behaviour, and actually, I think it's a good one.

What I see happening is that the MPPT will stop, or greatly reduce the solar capacity after a few hours of floating.
As result the battery will be drained a little.

Several minutes later it starts charging again, giving me a more balanced LiFePO4 battery pack.

The LiFePO4 setting is (sadly) S15.
Just the last 18-24 months S16 is "market standard" for "48v"
Before this there was ages S15 as standard.

I have asked several timwat to be able to choose between S15 and S16 as option.
Not (jet) implement.

Being satisfied with a product highly dependent on the expectations.

Will often talks about China margin Minimal 25%
(400A is to be used max 300A)

It isn't European (Victron, Dutch) or American or Australian (Outback) product, with matching pricetag.

If you want to read the specifications as you reed them from Victron, I'm sure you be disappointed.

Price - quality, it's a really good product.

Living off grid, I have no experience with CT, and if it does or doesn't stop feeding to the grid.

Their solar specifications say 450v max.u
Usually 280w the Voc is 40v, and 32v used.
What would transfer to 350v with 11 panels.

New developments make +400w panels, not more efficient, but more cells, bigger, not the 99*195cm and Higher voltages.

Take again in account the China margin, 25% and you end up with +/- 300 volts.

Now I don't say it's a good thing that the CT only seems to work around 300v.
Actually not really to be understood, as it's totally different part of the unit!!

That should work independently of the solar array or generator.

I don't understand your problem with a defective screen.
Yes, you need to purchase replacement. And... It is available!!
Unique for most Chinese product.

That you can not configure it with different software....
Why should it?
I never have seen any advertisement claiming open source compatibility.

MPPT can be flashed also.
I haven't been able to do, and killed 2 boards with it.
Lucky replacement is cheap.

To me the Inverters are good, beyond expectations.
I have used Chinese products for over 30 years, and the increase in quality overall is huge the last few years.

Just don't try to compare with Victron, the same 5.5kw unit would cost $4500,-
And a replacement display +$250

Yes, for that price, you get different service.

BMS, Batrium, setup for S16 will cost about $1000, but you get all the goodies that ANT BMS, or Chargery or Daly don't give.
Their price is a fraction of.

It works for me without any huge issues., The max voltgae is 59v (?)
( I need to check, can be 58v)
16 X 3.65 = 58.4.
LiFePO4 can be safely overcharged to 4.2v.

Several BMS (like Daly) stop at 3.75
16 X 3.75 = 60v

I don't see how the Revo II could have damaged your cells.

Unless they where not balanced enough, and then the BMS just did it's work, stop at the 3.75v.

Im sorry for you you aren't happy with the product.

For the CT, I can not help, I don't have grid.

The other things...
Sure, not a problem to assist.

Price wise, it is a great product.
Compared to Victron or outback, there is much room for improvement.

I have the inverters close to our bedroom..
You know the noise they can make...

It's high quality double bearing fans with good static pressure.
With downside that they are noisy.

I did some hacks (including grinder)
And now they are almost silent :)

Silent wings 3 have enough static pressure, while silent.
They last +35 years.

I have 4 per Revo, push pull setup.
I changed the airflow direction from down to up.
Probably 2 X 120mm would have been enough.

As they are indoors, the air filtration isn't needed.

If you like, I can share some pictures

Attachments

• CAN协议1.0.pdf
    612.8 KB · Views: 131
Well,

Today the battery settings worked as expected. I set the bulk at 55.2 and it stopped there. Great.
The float voltage also kicked in at 54 as set, so also great. Maybe it was like you said. You need to reboot the inverter every time you need to set the changes. Should not be necessary, but it seams that with this one it is the way to go. For the time it is floating at 54 stable.

Regarding you comments, my inverter says max 500VOC, i have 9 445panels with a 49VOC each, so i have around 450VOC and 400 mppt. For the inverter specs it should work fine, but in reality it didn't. My next step regarding the PV array it to separate the 9 panels in 2 strings, adding one more to make 2 strings os 5 panels. this will give me 250VOC and around 205mppt voltage. The problem is that at max it could pass the 20 amps max for PV input. I have to test first because is very rare to have optimal conditions to max out the panels production.

Regarding the BMS i have a JKBMS and so far as been great, i set it to stop charging at 3,65 but only at this time I'm trying to improve balance between cells. Since is as a 2A active balancer, it as been balancing cycle after cycle and all my cells are almost perfectly balanced. After that I'm going to place the cutoff to 3.6 to protect the cells. My setup it to stop charging at 56volts ( 3.5volts ) and float at 54volts ( 3.375volts ).
The balancer i just love it, i can extract all cell data to graphana and regarding protection always protected the cells so far.

This is the label on mine, 500VOC, operating range of 120-450 ( my array is 450VOC and 400v operating range. ) My inverter is from EASUN, but it is manufactured by Sorotec.
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-20 at 03.43.21.jpeg

Last edited:
In your comment you say LIFEPO4 can be overcharged at 4.2 - Don't you mean LIthium LI-ION? Every specs say max voltage of 3,65 for LifePO4.
At 54.4 you are at 99,8% battery max is 58.4 if you have a perfectly balanced pack. I don't charge mine more that 56volts, there is no point in stressing the cells for 2 % battery.

In your comment you say LIFEPO4 can be overcharged at 4.2 - Don't you mean LIthium LI-ION? Every specs say max voltage of 3,65 for LifePO4.
At 54.4 you are at 99,8% battery max is 58.4 if you have a perfectly balanced pack. I don't charge mine more that 56volts, there is no point in stressing the cells for 2 % battery.
Welcome to the huge misconception about LiFePO4 cells.

There are 2 numbers important.
3.65 as fully charged and 2.0 as fully discharged.

Most BMS stop at 2.5 as there is tiny bit of power between 2.0 and 2.5v.

Under 2.0v there can be damage, usually not to badly.

Charging.
3.65 Is fully charged.
That is, if you keep it several hours at 3.65.
It does absorb at 3.65.

And you can test easy.
Charge a cell to 3.65 and stop.
1 day later it's down to +/- 3.35
Same cell to 3.65 for 1 hour
Day later 3.4 3.45v
Same cell 3.65 for a few hours,
Day later voltage +3.6

All other voltages are just indication of charge.
Rough estimate, about 80 or 95%...
Not more close.

Please study more on LiFePO4.
It can be safely overcharged to 4.2v
Without damage.

That is, you keep charging at normal capacity and not creeping slowly to 4.2.
It can not be hold at 4.2
Having it 10-15 minutes too high charged, is not damaging for the cells.
Having it several hours at 4.0?
Is damaging.

Intensive lab testing showed that even peaks to 5v where only slightly degrading.
6 volt was clearly too much :)

There is an other post that goes deep into this subject with all links to the tests and reports.

54v is about 60-85% charge, depending how long you keep it at 54v.

Only 2 numbers are sure:
2.0 and 3.65

If you have done discharge tests, you will see that a test stopping at 2.2v will let the cell recover to 2.8v
You need 2 or 3 additional starts to drain to 2.5v.
About 1% capacity extra.
That is with 10A discharge.
With 20A the recover voltage will be higher, with 1A it will probably stick to 2.5v .

Estimations, indication.
Not SOC !!!!!
Easy 10-25% off.

That is in rest
When you charge, the 54v isn't really 54v SOC depending on your current, it can be just 52v.

When you discharge....
Well ....
You know.
It's lower :)

And it takes several hours to really stablelise.

Fully charged is +58v.
For several hours.

Anything less is not fully charged.

Well,

Today the battery settings worked as expected. I set the bulk at 55.2 and it stopped there. Great.
The float voltage also kicked in at 54 as set, so also great. Maybe it was like you said. You need to reboot the inverter every time you need to set the changes. Should not be necessary, but it seams that with this one it is the way to go. For the time it is floating at 54 stable.

Regarding you comments, my inverter says max 500VOC, i have 9 445panels with a 49VOC each, so i have around 450VOC and 400 mppt. For the inverter specs it should work fine, but in reality it didn't. My next step regarding the PV array it to separate the 9 panels in 2 strings, adding one more to make 2 strings os 5 panels. this will give me 250VOC and around 205mppt voltage. The problem is that at max it could pass the 20 amps max for PV input. I have to test first because is very rare to have optimal conditions to max out the panels production.

Regarding the BMS i have a JKBMS and so far as been great, i set it to stop charging at 3,65 but only at this time I'm trying to improve balance between cells. Since is as a 2A active balancer, it as been balancing cycle after cycle and all my cells are almost perfectly balanced. After that I'm going to place the cutoff to 3.6 to protect the cells. My setup it to stop charging at 56volts ( 3.5volts ) and float at 54volts ( 3.375volts ).
The balancer i just love it, i can extract all cell data to graphana and regarding protection always protected the cells so far.

This is the label on mine, 500VOC, operating range of 120-450 ( my array is 450VOC and 400v operating range. ) My inverter is from EASUN, but it is manufactured by Sorotec.
View attachment 52120
Yeah, your numbers are higher then mine, I have the 3.200 watt.

I understood the Mppt was the same.
Apparently not.
Or...
They went with the watt (rat) race and make more then it really is.
(China margins)

18 months ago they provided what they wrote.

JKBMS, that's a new name for me.
Do you have more information about it??

Yeah, your numbers are higher then mine, I have the 3.200 watt.

I understood the Mppt was the same.
Apparently not.
Or...
They went with the watt (rat) race and make more then it really is.
(China margins)

18 months ago they provided what they wrote.

JKBMS, that's a new name for me.
Do you have more information about it??
JK BMS Website

This is the one i bought - https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/4000529723243.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.67feb90afnC2tU

It is very good and it as 2 amp balancer integrated. There is a similar one that is Heltec BMS

With Jblance software you can import all data to graphana and display it. I Use Home Assistant and i import all data for Realtime viewing and for history check the inverter and Cells.

Jblance Git

Below is Graphana view of my cells. I celebrate to fast, the float stopped and the cells are falling to rest voltage.:(

cells.png

cells.png

Lol.

So funny!!!
That was the first BMS I bought, and I loved it, the whole 3 days it worked.

April 2000, the product was launched pre-mature and 90% was returned to manufacturer because it died in a few days....

If you like to read about that adventure... -> oeps??
@Will Prowse, what happened with the older posts??
It seems to be deleted??

Anyways, it was a good concept that didn't work yet.
Their active balancer does work, and did work back then already for a few years.

Just BMS part was to different at start to get it working longer then a week :)

Good to see that they have matured!!

From that I went to Daly, that failed after 3 months, smart Daly, that never worked well, to BMS less for months and months.

Slowly rhe DIY BMS is progressing.

That's about me...
Funny to see others walking the same route, and picking the fruits from the people who pioneered before them.
That makes our pioneering worth while :)

Please do remember it's a new market. Not years and years research and development.
Your living that period now.

24 months ago there where just a few BMS to choose from, for the solar and higher capacity.
LiFePO4 cells where pricy..
About triple of today's pice.

It's all new, where there will be many child diseases.
Compared to a year ago, things are so much stable now!!

FYI, one part from the Sorotec Revo series, the MPPT

If you still think EASun has the same product....
2021-6-10 9-10-59.jpg

2021-6-10 9-8-8.jpg

Like said, EASun might be OEM products from Sorotec, as they have no factory of their own, only buy from different factories.

Development is done by Sorotec.

If you look at the date, 12-12-2018, amazing!!
One of the first MPPT's that could handle higher (+180v) voltages!!!

Even 2.5 years later, it's still rare, and stand alone MPPT that can handle around 450-500v ...
I haven't seen them in our price range. (Seen one for $750)

Price and quality, this is amazing good product.

When you match your expectations with the price class and some knowledge about Chinese advertising, you will be positive surprised.

I've seen flashlight led advertising with 10 time higher lumens then the sun..
I read that it's a bright light, not that it will be able to power 10 solar panels.... (According to specifications it is 10 times more powerful then the sun, yes??) ??

Battery less operation is one of those, that in imagination it goes a long way. Realistic, it can't. Especially with parallel setups.
The master should never stop first, or all hell breaks loose.

View attachment 52120

Yes...
Specifications from EASun (one of the rotten apples that give Chinese companies a bad name)

Not the specifications from Sorotec.
Depending on when you have bought, the solar fluctuates between 4500 and 5000 watt maximal.
(also depending on the firmware)

If you are going to compare the specifications between the sheet from EASun and Sorotec, you will see probably more "too positive" specifications.

If you bought via Alibaba or Aliexpress, or via creditcard, its a valid reason to get some funds back.

I hope that EASun did NOT advertised its compatible with USA electric grid standards...
You can not use it.
It is not split phase, and just 240v. not +120 and -120, just "normal" 240 volts, 50 or 60 hz.

what i mean is specs vs reality.

In mentions CT limiting function with external CT - This is reported with several users, that this only works if you have a PV voltage around 300volts. If the inverter specs say that you can have to 500volts array, it should works in any voltage on the range. Not only at a determined voltage.

When you are without battery, and you are in AC+PV ( ongrid mode not selected ) the grid side shows 0 watts but the reality, if you measure, you are sending all the excess power to the grid. just measure and you will see. ( this mode should limit to 0 any feed in even without a external CT. )

Also, there is no information what batteries you can connect to work in Lithium mode. There no information to any protocols that you can add the battery bms to the inverter, by can bus.

The inverter readings are not calibrated. There is major error in the readings. I have calibrated mine and now they show more or less accurate. This should be done in the factory, every inverter should be accurate.

To end, there is no information that in AC+PV + Battery, the battery only works as a UPS / Backup. I bought the inverter thinking i could have batteries, charge them and use them in my loads, and all the excess power could be sent to the grid. This is not the case.

And all the issues im having since i bought this inverter, like since i added the battery, the float mode working, 3 days ago it was floating and sudently without any battery drain, it started charging again for 2 times. The next day it would go to float anymore.

10:30 am fully charged, i set bulk to 56 but it still jumped to amost 57volts, the it went to float at 54.4volts, the at about 14:00 it started charging again, the battery as in float and at 54.4 and this should not happen. then after 30 minutes it charged again, only after that it went to float mode. at almost 16:00 it started charging again........ this is nuts.
At that time i was calibrating the device as you can see for the charge current that as always ay 6/7 amps, at 17:30 it was 0amps. It was calibrated.

View attachment 52113

Since 3 days ago i also noticed that the inverter stops charging and restart, maybe it is overheating? coold down the charger? I don't have any error. you can see in pic 1 at 10am, and in pic 2 at 11am. The temp here are climbing,2 weeks ago is was 20ºc now it is getting closer to 30 but at 10 am it as about 21/22ºc.

View attachment 52111

View attachment 52112

Today i did the procedures again, to set voltage bulk and float, i removed 1 panel from my system, and im working at 350 volts, and lets see if it stops charging at 56 volts and floats at 54volts as set. I rebooted always between changes in the configurations.

From the data im collecting, the inverter never reported float mode active, but can be the software collecting data that as a bug.

I think when you buy something, it is expected at least to work as it should. Putting a product on the market with so many problems, and even if the firmware can solve them, like the mppt firmware, you can´t flash it, never.

Have you think that if the screen malfunctions, you have a dead inverter, because i cant use a app like watchpower or solarpower to change settings. You are forced to buy a new screen. any MPP inverter and many other brands, allow to change setting via software, this you can´t. I asked the company and you can´t do it. In these days, that inverters are so popular in DIY, almost all manufacturer have firmware updating, manual ou online to their product, because it comes a new battery, you can update the firmware to accept that protocol.
I admit that the product in the specs look a great product, but for me in reality it is not been like that, and the thing i dont want is the inverter damaging my batteries. If it wasn't the BMS i already would have a damaged pack. 1300€ loss is major problem, and i would not believe that the company would pay me that damage.
Hello, i have the same problem with the voltage offset and wrong current, can you explain how to callibrate them? allso my ct sensor didnt work and all that stuff like your Revo II Unit does

thanks
Benjamin

Hi, guys,

I'm a new solar guy, just installed 4Kw solar PV ( 9*455W panels ) and a REVO II VE 5.5KW inverter. Did it all alone and everything is working. About the REVO II I'm a little disappointed because some functions don't work properly and others the software lies to me.

I'm grid connected and i don't want to inject power to the grid ( also I'm not allowed to because this inverter doesn't have the necessary certification to be feed power to Portuguese grid.)

Fact one - When you don't select on-grid, with CT function off, the screen shows you are not injecting power, but that is a big lie. If you are producing 2000W on the PV and you are consuming 200W ate home, the excess power is going to the grid. It shows zero feed-in but i have measured and it is going to the grid. So that is a huge lie from the brand and from the inverter info displayed. If you select CT, even if you don't have one, it will show you that power going to the grid.

Question one - I have the CT sensor, a 100A/0,333V split core CT and i select the CT on the inverter, deselect on grid mode as said by the Sorotec, but I'm still feeding allot of power to the grid. It seams that bellow the 1000W PV i see the solar panels shutting down and slowly going back up, for some time, like it was trying to limit, but it never stays fixed to the amount I'm consuming at home. After 1000W it doesn't do anything, just sends all the excess to the grid.
Does anyone here have the same inverter with the CT function limiting properly?

I have seen other inverters and when they are limiting and just stay in line with the amount of power produced, 10 to 15W difference but they keep up and never inject power to the grid. This one is not working like that and i don't know if this is normal for this inverter or not.

My settings are:

Mode - PV+AC with CT sensor selected
Ongrid ( not selected )
PV - 4000W
CT Funtion - fine tuned to match power consumptions and injection ( i think it is at 950 )

The screen show CT in + power when injecting and negative when it is consuming.

I appreciate you help guys. Im going mad with this.View attachment 43206
Hi,are you solve problems,i have same inverter and egal i selected work mode if PV are bigger deliever to gried rest of power,with solarpower or watchpower is show gried ewerytime on if i try from this two programs to change im not abel,please contact me if you want thk

FYI, ein Teil aus der Sorotec Revo-Serie, der MPPT

Wenn Sie immer noch denken, dass EASun das gleiche Produkt hat....
View attachment 52226

View attachment 52227

Wie gesagt, EASun könnte ein OEM-Produkt von Sorotec sein, da sie keine eigene Fabrik haben, sondern nur von verschiedenen Fabriken kaufen.

Die Entwicklung erfolgt durch Sorotec.

Wenn Sie sich das Datum ansehen, 12.12.2018, erstaunlich!!
Einer der ersten MPPTs, der höhere Spannungen (+180 V) verarbeiten konnte!!!

Selbst 2,5 Jahre später ist es immer noch ein seltener und eigenständiger MPPT, der mit etwa 450-500 V umgehen kann ...
In unserer Preisklasse habe ich sie noch nicht gesehen. (Gesehen für 750 $)

Preis und Qualität, das ist ein erstaunlich gutes Produkt.

Wenn Sie Ihre Erwartungen mit der Preisklasse und einigen Kenntnissen über chinesische Werbung abgleichen, werden Sie positiv überrascht sein.

Ich habe Taschenlampen-LED-Werbung mit 10-mal höheren Lumen als die Sonne gesehen.
Ich habe gelesen, dass es ein helles Licht ist, nicht, dass es 10 Sonnenkollektoren mit Strom versorgen kann ... (Laut Spezifikationen ist es 10-mal stärker als die Sonne, ja??)??

Der batterielose Betrieb ist einer von denen, die in der Vorstellung einen langen Weg gehen. Realistisch, das kann es nicht. Vor allem bei parallelen Setups.
Der Meister sollte niemals zuerst aufhören, sonst bricht die Hölle los.
Moin Frank aus Thailand
Wo haben sie die Platine besorgt?
Ich habe ein Revo IGrid VE II 5.5KW und ich habe folgendes Problem...
If ich die PV anschliße 250V, bricht die sofort zusammen...
Wenn nur AC angeschlossen ist, dann kommt die Fehlmeldung 04
Für die Hilfe wäre ich ihnen dankbar
mfg

Attachments

• IMG_20220425_084958.jpg
    IMG_20220425_084958.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 5
Moin Frank aus Thailand
Wo haben sie die Platine besorgt?
Ich habe ein Revo IGrid VE II 5.5KW und ich habe folgendes Problem...
If ich die PV anschliße 250V, bricht die sofort zusammen...
Wenn nur AC angeschlossen ist, dann kommt die Fehlmeldung 04
Für die Hilfe wäre ich ihnen dankbar
mfg
First make things English :)
Google translate:
expand... Hello Frank from Thailand
Where did you get the circuit board from?
I have a Revo IGrid VE II 5.5KW and I have the following problem...
If I connect the PV to 250V, it collapses immediately...
If only AC is connected, error message 04 appears
I would be grateful for their help
Kind regards

Error 04 is on the Revo II "bus error" if I recall correctly.

In short the connection between the MPPT and the rest is in error.

You write you connect 250v solar.
That's confusing for me.
Usually 72 cells per panel, 0.5v per cell, 36v for a "regular" 200x100cm 72 cell 250-390 watt panel.
Open voltage 40v.
So 6 panels in series will give 216v, 7 give 252v.

I have seen my Revo start as low as 160v (if I remember correctly) 250 v is seen as minimal voltage.

My first suggestion would be to use +7 panels, 7bas minimum.

Second is a question:
Did it ever work?
Or is it like this from the start?

Third question:
Do you have a battery installed?

I believe the VE also has battery less operation.

I would first use this option.
No AC at all, only AC out.
No battery.
As clean as possible.

Set the battery setting to "no battery", safe, exit and turn off the system.

Start solar, (I assume you have breakers between the DC battery and DC Solar)
(and AC in, AC out breakers)
Only DC Solar breaker to "on"
And wait if the system wakes up, starts display,
Starts the inverter part and provides AC output (if it would have load, but as the breaker is off, nothing consumes)

Other basic setup is battery and inverter, nothing else..
It should start and look like it's provide AC.

Spare parts usually can be obtained via Sorotec.

+86 136 0306 6246
Sarah, via WhatsApp.
Eurus no longer works at Sorotec, Sarah is the new sales person.

I haven't been in much contact with her. I don't know her technical skills.

Ella is sales manager and does have good skills.
(Ella@Soroups.com)
Please drop her an email.

I hope some of my advice helped!
Frank

First make things English :)
Google translate:
expand... Hello Frank from Thailand
Where did you get the circuit board from?
I have a Revo IGrid VE II 5.5KW and I have the following problem...
If I connect the PV to 250V, it collapses immediately...
If only AC is connected, error message 04 appears
I would be grateful for their help
Kind regards

Error 04 is on the Revo II "bus error" if I recall correctly.

In short the connection between the MPPT and the rest is in error.

You write you connect 250v solar.
That's confusing for me.
Usually 72 cells per panel, 0.5v per cell, 36v for a "regular" 200x100cm 72 cell 250-390 watt panel.
Open voltage 40v.
So 6 panels in series will give 216v, 7 give 252v.

I have seen my Revo start as low as 160v (if I remember correctly) 250 v is seen as minimal voltage.

Mein erster Vorschlag wäre, +7 Panels zu verwenden, mindestens 7bas.

Zweitens ist eine Frage:
Hat es jemals funktioniert?
Oder ist das von Anfang an so?

Dritte Frage:
Hast du eine Batterie verbaut?

Ich glaube, der VE hat auch einen batterielosen Betrieb.

Ich würde zuerst diese Option nutzen.
Kein AC überhaupt, nur AC out.
Keine Batterie.
Möglichst sauber.

Setzen Sie die Batterieeinstellung auf "keine Batterie", sichern Sie, verlassen Sie das System und schalten Sie es aus.

Solar starten (ich nehme an, Sie haben Trennschalter zwischen der DC-Batterie und DC Solar)
(und AC-in-, AC-out-Trennschalter)
Nur DC-Solartrennschalter auf „on“
Und warten Sie, wenn das System aufwacht, die Anzeige startet,
Startet den Wechselrichterteil und liefert AC-Ausgang (wenn er Last hätte, aber da der Leistungsschalter ausgeschaltet ist, verbraucht nichts)

Andere Grundeinstellungen sind Batterie und Wechselrichter, sonst nichts.
Es sollte starten und so aussehen, als würde es AC liefern.

Ersatzteile können in der Regel über Sorotec bezogen werden.

+86 136 0306 6246
Sarah, über WhatsApp.
Eurus arbeitet nicht mehr bei Sorotec, Sarah ist die neue Verkäuferin.

Ich hatte nicht viel Kontakt mit ihr. Ich kenne ihre technischen Fähigkeiten nicht.

Ella ist Verkaufsleiterin und hat gute Fähigkeiten.
( Ella@Soroups.com )
Bitte schreiben Sie ihr eine E-Mail.

Ich hoffe, einige meiner Ratschläge haben geholfen!
Frank
Ich dachte, du bist Deutscher ?
Habe nur 6 Panels und die Leerlaufspannung beträgt etwa über 40v
Revo beginnt schon bei 120v zu arbeiten und bis max 450v.
Es hat funktioniert und dann habe ich versucht parallel mit Victron Multiplus zu koppeln und seit dem will Revo Inventar keine PV mehr

Back