diy solar

diy solar

Help with Tesla system, Please!!

Spalding

Hello. First post here. Not sure this is the best spot to post, but our system is Off-grid. I searched my issue on this site, I believe the answers are here. My problem is, the lingo is too advanced to mean much to me.

My friend unexpectedly finds herself solely responsible for a Tesla solar system with a more conventional, lead-acid system backup. Between the 2 of us, we can at least identify the components, monitor the systems and know when and how to turn on the Gen whenever the panels aren't keeping up.

Recently, one of the Medic balancers is indicating an error on what appears to be one of the cells? Unfortunately, as minor or complicated this situation turns out to be, as of now, it is beyond either of us to properly diagnose or repair. So, I'm hoping someone can give some suggestions on where we should start. This system is the primary power source of a residence, we're very motivated to learn.

We have six Tesla batteries, TPN 1020955–90-A ........ One battery is giving a dead cell reading on one of the Medic balancers. I was wondering if it can be replaced with Tesla battery TPN 1032238–00-B or should I stick with the existing TPN 1020955–90–A
Also, all 6 batteries that I have right now are TPN 1020955–90-A.

Our ultimate goal is to get the Tesla side functioning properly, then switch to the more conventional system and use that as the primary.

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
Nobody wants to even take a wag? Maybe someone could point me to a forum where I might find my answers? Thanks.

It looks like 1020955–90-A is 5.6kwh and 1032238–00-B is 5.2kwh, if you are series these for a 48v system you might reduce the partner pack to 5.2kwh and have more balance issues mixing them. If they are in parallel as it appears they are for a ~24v system most likely fine.

Last edited:
Thank you for the response. I'll be able to confirm tomorrow that the system is 24v.

Back