diy solar

diy solar

Help with the EBC-A40L CHARGER/TESTER.

Sh4wzy

I'm getting ready to build my first 12v battery using eve 280ah cells. I was going to top Ballance them in parallel but have been advised to charge them individually for a few different reasons that make sense,
So with this in mind could anybody suggest a charge profile for individual cells withe the EBC-A40L so they will be top balanced ready for building the 12v pack...
For example...
Would you charge to 3.65v or keep the voltage a little lower?
What current would you charge at and where would you set the cut-off for absorption??
Would you build the pack maybe with compression prior to individually charging each cell ???

Any help any body could give me with regards to setting a profile on the EBC-A40L would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave

Last edited:
I was going to top Ballance them in parallel but have been advised to charge them individually for a few different reasons that make sense,
Curious , what are the reasons for top balancing individually rather than in parallel? How did it go with the EBC-A40L? I would have guessed you set it to C-CV 3.65 with a cutoff current of 1 amp and call it good.

I'm getting ready to build my first 12v battery using eve 280ah cells. I was going to top Ballance them in parallel but have been advised to charge them individually for a few different reasons that make sense,
So with this in mind could anybody suggest a charge profile for individual cells withe the EBC-A40L so they will be top balanced ready for building the 12v pack...
For example...
Would you charge to 3.65v or keep the voltage a little lower?
What current would you charge at and where would you set the cut-off for absorption??
Would you build the pack maybe with compression prior to individually charging each cell ???

Any help any body could give me with regards to setting a profile on the EBC-A40L would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave
@Sh4wzy shame you did not get more help on this.
As I have an EBC-A40L, 10A bench power supply and 280ah cells and looking for the same exact info.

Have anyone made progress with the problems with the ZKE 40 tester or is it a dead end?

Anyone been able to pull up the CycleTest function? (I tested the SW and only "Single Test" comes up. Maybe you need the box for the CycleTest to come alive???

1670366783757.png

Curious , what are the reasons for top balancing individually rather than in parallel? How did it go with the EBC-A40L? I would have guessed you set it to C-CV 3.65 with a cutoff current of 1 amp and call it good.
Can someone explain the "Cutoff Current" setting. I'm trying to understand what is significant about "1 amp"?

Back