diy solar

diy solar

Help With Wiring Mix Match 12V

tnconcept

Hi everyone, I am new to this I just wanted to make sure that my idea is correct. I currently have 2x 200w Regony Suitcase panel I wanted to add 200 more watts and I found a great deal on two 100w. I just wanted to make sure that I am not losing AMP or Watts because of the new panel. I made a quick sketch with Paint to see if this will work. I have been reading about lower amp panels can cause loss of power so I parallel them to get the amp then I will series them. What do you guys think? The reason I went with suitcase-style is that I like to take them with me on trips or have the station at home. They are not that light-duty kind they are heavy and can handle leaving outdoor. Attached is the spec of the panel and how I would run the new ones. Currently, I have my 2 Regony in series. Thanks!

Attachments

• Solar Idea.png
    Solar Idea.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 8
It looks like each Renogy suitcase "set" is two panels wired in parallel. Your plan to wire your two new panels in parallel together is correct. There is a small discrepancy between the old and new panels with regard to voltage and amperage. Will it be enough to notice? Probably not.

The Alt-e store has a series of videos on YouTube about connecting panels of different specs.

Great thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. Now it's the fun part waiting for them to come in and hooking them up.

Back