diy solar

diy solar

Heltec BMS' (up to 350A) with Active Balancing & Independent Active Balancers

Hello!
What is the latest version of Android application?
I have "heltec-bms-2.6.0.build30.apk" and "jkbms-3.1.0.58.apk". Just wonder which is better?

Hello!
What is the latest version of Android application?
I have "heltec-bms-2.6.0.build30.apk" and "jkbms-3.1.0.58.apk". Just wonder which is better?
I would trust jk more than heltec, since jk is the real manufacturer. heltec is just a rebranding...

nice tip!!!!!

i was considering using bistable/latching relay for each balance cable.

using the run switch is a much more elegant solution

thank you, Hans
In the meantime, I have tested this Active Balancer in various configurations. It turned out to do an excellent job. One drawback is, that you must turn it off below some 3,35 V cell voltage. Otherwise it will execute Bottom Level Balancing, when you discharge your cells below some 3,1 V. This will bring your cells out of balance, which shows at the next end of charge event. If you use a BMV700 Monitor in your system, you can use the relay output to automatically control the balancer. Switch the balancer on at 13,48 V and turn it off at 13,40 V.
The big advantage is, that your cells will be perfectly balanced at low charge voltages, e.g. 13,9 V. Low voltage means less stress to your cells.
Cheers Hans

Thank you @Hans Kroeger for the follow up!

Still learning about active balancer.

Very wise to program the control to activate during only specific battery bank voltage range to achieve desired balancing functionality.

Thank you for reminder that BMV700 relay can achieve relay control of active cell balancer??

Cheers ✌️?

In the meantime, I have tested this Active Balancer in various configurations. It turned out to do an excellent job. One drawback is, that you must turn it off below some 3,35 V cell voltage. Otherwise it will execute Bottom Level Balancing, when you discharge your cells below some 3,1 V. This will bring your cells out of balance, which shows at the next end of charge event. If you use a BMV700 Monitor in your system, you can use the relay output to automatically control the balancer. Switch the balancer on at 13,48 V and turn it off at 13,40 V.
The big advantage is, that your cells will be perfectly balanced at low charge voltages, e.g. 13,9 V. Low voltage means less stress to your cells.
Cheers Hans

Should have seen your post before ordering this thing and installing it. I run an Overstock style BMS with Bluetooth, no relay output. Any ideas?

Back