diy solar

diy solar

Heltec (JK) 200A Smart BMS with 2A Active Balance

Here's a video of my issue. Basically when drawing 20A it happens every 10S, and when drawing 40A it happens almost constantly (immediately after the am-meter wakes up). It doesn't really stop the flow of electricity, but it looses the amps, so it doesn't look good. Can this be attributed to power supply? You can see "Cells Voltages" changes to "Protection (CPUAUX Anomaly)".

Are there any other apps or other ways to configure the BMS? I've just gotten the first of my B2A24S20P set up, tried to turn it on, but when I go to the play store to get the app, it unhelpfully tells me "this app won't work with your device." Tried going to the JKBMS site and downloaded the app they linked on the support page (somewhat older 4.8.x), and tried to install it, but all I get is "App not installed."

This is the only android ≥ 6.x device I own, and I don't own any apple devices.

Thank you. I managed to get it. I'm plenty competent with computers, but an ordinary luser or worse on smartphones, on account of lack of usage, and unhelpful errors only compounded my issue. None of your versions would install, but after deleting some pictures (though the phone wasn't complaining about low storage…) it installed the first one I tried, the 4.8.x from JK's site. Play store still wouldn't then work, but it connects and configures, so I'm happy.

Still not sure why my 9V battery wouldn't turn the thing on and I had to go get a display with the button. Maybe that the 9V batt was sitting at ~8.9V earlier and this evening would measure ~8V and drop as I held my multimeter on it had something to do with that. I thought only voltage mattered, but maybe it was weak enough that even the BMS load pulled it below 5V seen.

Might have to reset [OU]VP/[OU]VPR, as I didn't properly understand them until I checked through this thread again, but what I have set won't cause problems before I get to it tomorrow.

Are there any other apps or other ways to configure the BMS? I've just gotten the first of my B2A24S20P set up, tried to turn it on, but when I go to the play store to get the app, it unhelpfully tells me "this app won't work with your device." Tried going to the JKBMS site and downloaded the app they linked on the support page (somewhat older 4.8.x), and tried to install it, but all I get is "App not installed."

I had the exact same problem. Then digged up a bit and it looks like their current app only supports 64 bit arm (i.e almost everything after 2014) and the phone I tried with was 32 bit... Then I switched the phone and it was alright.

What version of the app do you have?

4.11.0, is there a fw version as well (I'm not near the device ATM)?

You think it's from the software? But why would it intensify with current :)

Might have to reset [OU]VP/[OU]VPR, as I didn't properly understand them until I checked through this thread again, but what I have set won't cause problems before I get to it tomorrow.

Some settings won't set because of other settings -- there is an unwritten dependency chain you have to follow, but after you try it a bit you figure it out. Also, it's good to disconnect and reconnect afterwards to check what the BMS thinks, because the stuff the app says might be what you tried and failed to set, and after a reconnect it's what the bms has.

Makes sense on the dependency chain. I mostly didn't catch that the R meant recovery until after I came inside, so that dependency chain wasn't obvious while I was adjusting settings.

Interesting on the 64-bit, and I just verified my phone is 64-bit, or at least the processor is, so I don't think that was it, especially given a version failed, then later worked. Retarded google not giving any useful error, even hidden by an "advanced detail" button was most annoying - and I have developer options turned on, not that I much use them.

You might have to uninstall first before attempting to install the new version. Has happened the same to me 5x.

Back