diy solar

diy solar

Heltec (JK) 200A Smart BMS with 2A Active Balance

If that's the case... how do i fix it ? And why does it just effect that 1 function....
I sent the video link to Heltec.. Maybe they'll reply..
You are doing the right thing by contacting the manufacturer. Its a weird bug. That happens. Try a different android device first. If that works, then re-install on yours.

A lady from Heltec tells me this.... I don't understand
"Hi Dear, Have you try to re-start the APP after the password changed? ( Ughhh )
After you enter the BMS NAME " BMS1", please make sure to choose 'BMS1" by click the " BMS1" in the red zone and then click "OK""

Warm regards, Jacqueline

WHAT IS THIS RED ZONE ??

A lady from Heltec tells me this.... I don't understand
"Hi Dear, Have you try to re-start the APP after the password changed? ( Ughhh )
After you enter the BMS NAME " BMS1", please make sure to choose 'BMS1" by click the " BMS1" in the red zone and then click "OK""

Warm regards, Jacqueline

WHAT IS THIS RED ZONE ??
Let me try on my phone to see what the helltec she is talking about.

Let me try on my phone to see what the helltec she is talking about.
Ok, there is no Red zone. I just renamed my BMS fine.
I still say to try a different device, but try these steps in order:

Make sure bluetooth is enabled and on on your device.

1) open the enjpower app, press scan.
2) select the BMS you want to rename
3) enter password
4)listen for click, then info should display(red light on BMS should stop blinking)
5) select 3 bar menu on upper left.
6)select BMS with pen icon
7) select modify name
8) enter new BMS name, select GREEN ok

If that does not work, then try a different phone.

I was even able to set my 14S to 24S JK BMS to 4S and it worked, but I needed to supply to 40 volts to pin 26. I would assume the 8S model will likely need 20 volts or so to operate. It won't hurt it to try at 12 volts, it just might not turn on.

Ok, there is no Red zone. I just renamed my BMS fine.
I still say to try a different device, but try these steps in order:

Make sure bluetooth is enabled and on on your device.

1) open the enjpower app, press scan.
2) select the BMS you want to rename
3) enter password
4)listen for click, then info should display(red light on BMS should stop blinking)
5) select 3 bar menu on upper left.
6)select BMS with pen icon
7) select modify name
8) enter new BMS name, select GREEN ok

If that does not work, then try a different phone.
Done that.... I'll try with a different device, then i'll report....

I was even able to set my 14S to 24S JK BMS to 4S and it worked, but I needed to supply to 40 volts to pin 26. I would assume the 8S model will likely need 20 volts or so to operate. It won't hurt it to try at 12 volts, it just might not turn on.
New video from Andy! You can use the 24s BMS for 4S!

Ok,, I discovered that i can't upload videos on here, so i had to make a link...
so now maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong, or if there is a bug in the App.. I kinda doubt that all 3 units are the issue.

Try this... instead of clicking the 'OK' button, try clicking the text that says 'OK' (inside the button) and see if that helps. I've seen situations where a button is only clickable/operable if the text is clicked. It's worth a try, I think.

I just got mine booted up yesterday. When it's charging, the amps display is just wandering all over the place. I have my charger set to 20A, and my ammeter shows a rock stable 20.2A going into the BMS. But both the iOS and Android apps show the current wandering between 6-30A. And sometimes, the overcurrent protection kicks in. Very annoying. Is anyone else seeing this? Andy only showed the screen for a second or two in his JK BMS video, but current appeared to be wandering, as well.

It's normal that it jitters a bit, but shouldn't jump all over the place. You can try to calibrate it in the settings of the app - see if that makes a difference.

I just got mine booted up yesterday. When it's charging, the amps display is just wandering all over the place. I have my charger set to 20A, and my ammeter shows a rock stable 20.2A going into the BMS. But both the iOS and Android apps show the current wandering between 6-30A. And sometimes, the overcurrent protection kicks in. Very annoying. Is anyone else seeing this? Andy only showed the screen for a second or two in his JK BMS video, but current appeared to be wandering, as well.
Both of mine have been working for months. No issues. Just looked at them. Both charging at around 2KW right now. Amps vary with clouds going by. I have my max current set to 100amps. No problems.

Try this... instead of clicking the 'OK' button, try clicking the text that says 'OK' (inside the button) and see if that helps. I've seen situations where a button is only clickable/operable if the text is clicked. It's worth a try, I think.
Did That too...I clicked all over it.. But good idea tho..

Only reasonable thing I can think off is an Android incompatibility between the app and your device. What version of Android are you running on the tablet?
Android v8.1.0
Samsung experience v9.5
I check for updates, and it says it is up to date.. (5-28-21)

Android v8.1.0
Samsung experience v9.5
I check for updates, and it says it is up to date.. (5-28-21)
Interesting. Your software is VERY dated. I have 9.0 on my old phone and this one is Android 11. I think we found your issue. Its your device.

Back