diy solar

diy solar

Hey battery chemistry people, interested in some new stuff?

Sorry, my intent was to share an interesting article and get some input from people on here that understand the chemistry better than I do.
no big deal. went out on limb to suggest an opinion. Also, made mistake thinking that link was to your blog (sorry). ... On my other curious imagination channel; I am excited to tract the battery evolution coming down the pike for the Electric Vehicle Market. ... for DIY Solar Interets, I am sure these newer battery chemistry with sodium, silicon, sulfur, and/or aluminum being thrown into experimental mixs, ... will eventually get dialed in, and eventually be coming to market for Home Solar and Home Grid Back Up options. exciting that will alongside abilities to use big KWh sized EV batteries for also Powering Homes on those longer period of short cloudy days (or when the Grid is down. Looking forward to when we no longer need Grid Monopolies. Want to hear of the newer battery chemistries that are getting good reviews when they are for sale ... when that starts happening (or might be already?) ... My Two Cents ... plus ..after hearing feedback, .. I will go read that article.

Last edited:
Amprius has an interesting battery technology. Quite energy dense.
I posted info on it recently and the response was basically ? and “meh”.
I on the other hand find it exciting and think one of these new chemistry batteries will hit, so am always interested and optimistic when I see such things.

Attachments

• 01402EA8-9B81-4DF3-898B-2E23D430B402.png
    01402EA8-9B81-4DF3-898B-2E23D430B402.png
    827.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I've been tracking battery evolution via YouTube ... I Like Electric Viking, Monroe, and some Tesla related tech channel clips.
Here's a recent clip I thought had recent pertinent info. ... Again, when this stuff is dial in for hitting the market in EVs, ...That is it will be really noticeable, and then eventually become available to us DIY Solar Folks. I think it is exciting time to be alive, during this evolving evolution, plus other reasons. :+) Here a recent clip I liked for a decent range of information: Titled: 5 New Battery Technologies That Will Change The Future by Tech Life ... only 13 mins:

Last edited:
Back