diy solar

diy solar

Hi all, I've been living and traveling Europe, in a VW T5 Campervan for 3 years now. I'm originally from the UK, however lived in the US for some time

PaddyHaig

My name is Paddy. I am originally from the Wirral, in the North West of England. I lived between NOLA La, Tampa Fla, and Asheville NC in the US from 1990 to 2017.
I came back to the UK in 2017 and purchased a VW T5 campervan, with the intention of traveling as much of Europe as I possibly could, before Britain, exited (Seceded) from the European Union. (EU).

I have met with and enjoyed the company of many, many, campervan folk from all walks of life and from over the World whilst traveling in Europe, and I have when possible queried them on what equipment they use and recommend? I have also invested large sums of my own money on experimenting with varying mobile power systems along the way. And what a journey it has been.

My employment background in the States was in IT, as a Linux/Unix Systems administrator. I do have something of a working knowledge of electrical circuitry, but I ain't no William Prowse. (I am a genuine fan of William Prowse and his work, he is a Giant in my books).

I am awed by his background, his determination, and his zeal. If anyone brought anything to the table of Vanlifers and Campervan people, not to mention all those with an interest in contemporary power solutions, it's William Prowse.

I have joined this forum to try and share some of my personal experiences, although, I think William has pretty much covered everything.

I also decided to go to Singapore once for work and ended up liking the place and decided to move there. With the help of registered address service Singapore, I started my own shipping company. They helped me arrange a loan so that I could rent a couple of ships to transport different goods. Now things are going very well for me, thanks to the fact that the covid restrictions have been lifted, and also because of new orders from Europe and new logistics routes. I think it's a good time for my firm.

Last edited:
Back