diy solar

diy solar

Hi from kansas City

Sunshine 1

First time on this forum. I have a 5th wheel RV. I am replacing my 315ah battery bank with 3 100 ah BB batteries. I think my present setup is not good.
I have 720 watts of solar on the roof going to a breaker switch and then into my Victron 100/50 solar charger and a 60 amp fuse between controller and positive terminal on the battery. I have 200 watts portable solar going into a Victron 100/30 and a 20 amp fuse going to the positive terminal on the battery The inverter and all other dc loads positive is connected to the positve battery terminal too. All my negatives is connected to the Victron shunt.
The "professional" dealer who installed my inverter did not put a fuse between the inverter and positive terminal??? I will put a 400 T-fuse between the battery and my 2000 watt inverter.
My question is can I connect all positive connections to the 400 amp T-fuse, and do away with the 60 amp and the 20 amp fuse? And only have one positive from positive battery terminal to the T-fuse and then to my inverter?

I attach a schematic of my solar setup, I have included the T-fuse on my setup there was no fuse between my batteries and inverter in my setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20210401_0001_NEW.pdf
    569.9 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to the forum.

My question is can I connect all positive connections to the 400 amp T-fuse, and do away with the 60 amp and the 20 amp fuse? And only have one positive from positive battery terminal to the T-fuse and then to my inverter?
No. That would not be advisable.

You may want to review this:

BTW: I grew up in Lee's Summit just outside KC....but it was a small farm town back then.... not the sprawling bedroom community it is now.

Welcome to the forum.

No. That would not be advisable.

You may want to review this:

BTW: I grew up in Lee's Summit just outside KC....but it was a small farm town back then.... not the sprawling bedroom community it is now.
Ok, thanks FilterGuy. I guess I use a busbar where all my positives come in. I don't like them all coming to the positive battery terminal.
Yeah, I bet you wished you bought some land at that time, you would be super rich now. Lol

Back