diy solar

diy solar

Hi from San Fulgencio

JohanV

Moved from Belgium to sunny Spain 4 years ago. Worked many years as an all round engineer.Solar is new to me so I have to learn a lot..I will start with a few experiments .. Also I don't want to fry things .. Kind regards and thanks for the help in the nearby future .Johan

Well, Spain is pretty big on solar. Lots of equipment to be found at decent prices at major outlets (Bricomart, Leroy...) and quite a few decent online retailers like autosolar and suministrosdelsol with fast and free shipping.
-

@Don B.Cilly One of the main reasons we decide to move to Spain was the weather . We love it here . Also paradise for solar DIY builders ..ManoMano , Leroy and Amazon are good resources to start I guess ..I'm starting from zero..Un saludo

I'll also will have a look at autosolar ,Bricomart and suministrosdelsol..Thanks for your advice..

Yes, I live not far from there :·)
They have a Bricomart in Alicante, you can find some good prices - and assortment - there, not only on solar stuff, but on electrical stuff in general.
Better than Leroy IMO.

[EDIT] Actually, I looked at the maps, the "Alicante" Bricomart is almost in Benidorm :·/, you're closer to the Murcia one.
-

Last edited:
Cause you also live in Spain ..Do we need a license to install off grid solar system?

Oh, no easy answer to that... probably not, unless it's a new construction... and unlikely anyone will check... but, as you know or can guess, with bureaucrats... you never know. Probably an acceptable risk. If you don't want to grid-feed, I mean, they won't know/care - probably ;·)

Maybe check https://awergy.com/comunidades-autonomas-sin-permiso-obras-placas-solares/ (rather obscure, but might give a general idea) or groogle "permisos instalación solar aislada" or the like (quite confusing, I'm afraid).
-

Back