diy solar

diy solar

Hi from the Philippines

matkar

Hi to all,
I am living in the Philippines planning a 13kw off-grid solar system for our new construction next year.
As it is a huge challenge to get good components here in the Philippines as well as companies which are really interested into off-grid
I had no choice than planning and may doing it myself. Planning is more or less done, so I hope to get some great input out of you guys. Looking really forward to.
Cheers
Matthias

Hello, please don't worry, I got you covered. I'll send all of your parts in 147 balikbayan boxes, sure to get there before xmas!

Welcome

Hahaha....sounds great and actually is a good idea. Let me go through the details to learn more. I'm ways ahead in planning, solar construction will start around end of next year. But I want to install a test unit in a smaller size in our current place to avoid the huge mistakes. ;)

both areas are almost whole day in the sun calculating around 4,5 to 5 hours full sun. roof is faced towards south.
testing unit is planned as a 5kw system for running a 1,5kw AC over night (measured consumption around 0,8kw per hour).
Solar panels are available here, out of now I am a bit a fan of SolArk inverters. Powerwall is a different story

Back