diy solar

diy solar

Hi, Newbie here from SE Michigan, USA

guito13

Hi All,

Finally started playing around with solar. It's been something I have wanted to do for a while now but time/money were in the way. I just set up my first system which consists of 2x200w newpowa panels, a renogy 60 controller, 100AH LIP04 battery and a 6000w pure sine inverter. My goal for this system is emergency backup power to run a few small things such as some low watt (25w each) grow lamps, a small freezer and maybe a tv/fan/light.

I figure my next purchase will probably be another battery or two and then ill add on 2 more 200w panels.

I *MAY* set up a a MUCH smaller system this season to power an automatic chicken door and a security camera for my chickens (maybe also a small fan in the summer)

If I ever go FULL solar i will just have a "company" do that but right now I still don't have enough faith in battery tech to foot that kind of bill.

Thank you for having me and I am excited to learn a lot more!

You might want to see what power that large inverter uses just to be turned on. Overnight with light loads, you might be using more power to keep the inverter on than to power your loads.

You might want to see what power that large inverter uses just to be turned on. Overnight with light loads, you might be using more power to keep the inverter on than to power your loads.
Thank you for the reply. The only reason i bought that inverter was because intend to upsize my battery storage over time. Once I have 4 or so batteries and a few things plugged in full time, I am hoping that an inverter of that size makes sense.

I may look for a smaller inverter for now (used)....

Back