diy solar

diy solar

High End Diesel Pusher Panel Install

tonkamog

I've been searching for large panel installs on a high-end diesel pusher and haven't really found anything to help. Most of these coaches have little 8-10" side-walls that extend above the roof. I believe the original intention of these side walls was to create a more uniform look, hiding air conditioners and other roof-top accessories. The side walls are pretty substantial since the main awnings mount to them. Seems like an obvious thing to mount the solar panels to a framework that attaches to these sidewalls for multiple reasons: 1-So the panels aren't shaded by the walls themselves and 2-A sturdy framework to mount to without having to drill into the roof itself or bond to the roof using VHB or some other adhesive.

Has anyone seen an install like this or could you point me to images or links of similar installs?

These folks had a framework installed that sounds similar to what you're describing.

See if you can fit proper commercial panels, instead of the tiny ones from the likes of Renogy. Running at a nice high voltage is simpler to deal with. And pave the SoB with solar, 'cause MOAR!!! :D

Back